Author Topic: Last Man Standing  (Read 3533 times)

Lafrog

• View Profile
Last Man Standing
« on: June 26, 2015, 08:16:32 AM »
Hi Corey,

Last Man Standing are getting very popular over here. This is where players from my tournament opt to pay a surcharge to compete against a smaller subset of my tournament field (every players that opted in).

At the beginning, players where doing that among themselves, but we quickly saw a way to promote other events by doing it ourselves (entry for satellites or buy-ins to other tournaments).

In any case, there are no simple way to have TD keep track of those and display relevant info on the tournament screen.

So my suggestion is to add a side game capability to TD.

Do you think this possible?

TIA
Michel

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Last Man Standing
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 10:24:09 AM »
Anything's possible.  Lately it's a matter of demand vs effort required, particularly since I have to utilize development time very carefully since it is in shorter supply.  How do you envision a side game feature?

Lafrog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 12:53:21 PM »
Hi Corey and thank you for your interest in this,

I believe the simplest way to implement this would be to use something like an Add-0n profile that we would use to create a subset of our current tournament.

The only thing missing here is a way for TD to track who is left in the sidegame.

Ideally we would like to be able to post up-ti-date info on our tournament screen: SG PLayers left, names , etc.

HTH
Michel

mcfrojd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2015, 04:34:41 AM »
This is something we run very often in our club too.
Have not found any way to display current standing in TD for it, but i do have a separate buy in profile for the persons that want to join the side action.
I do have to keep track manually, and it can get really hard if the top payouts contain both sideaction players and those that don't play the sideaction.
One way for the players to know, is to give the sideaction players a bountychip or something like that so the others can see this physical chip and thereby see who's still in.
But it would be great to have this in TD so there was 2 price pools and a way to show a list of names of the sideaction players, and a token for number of sideaction players to.

Poustoshawn

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:55 AM »
I would buy a product that was an add on or whatever that allowed for last man standing or other side games.