Author Topic: API or Other Hooks into the Database  (Read 1859 times)

shushs

• View Profile
API or Other Hooks into the Database
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:37:15 PM »
We use StatsGenie to import all of our tournament results. The export feature is awesome. What I would like to see is either some documented API or simple tools to allow me to query and build my own reports. Is there an option for this API request? Is there already something I can use?

Thanks!!

Keep up the great work. The Software is already stellar.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: API or Other Hooks into the Database
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 10:24:42 AM »
Query what?  Stats Genie?  If that's what you are referring to, you should post on Stats Genie forums.

As for the TD, you can always export data and work with out that way.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 12:28:06 PM »
What I would like to do is query the database that you have built. StatsGenie does a good job of canned reports... I want to do some trending queries. Exporting will give me a snapshot, but it will not give me 'over time' data. The database should do that, right?

Unless you can do a full DB dump... if that is possible, then I have just missed it.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »
Data "over time" is not stored in the TD database.  Actually, the only things stored in the database are players and player information (personal data like name, address, phone, email, etc), seasons, and leagues and their membership lists.

The TD generates Stats (which amounts to data "over time") on the fly by reading your tournament files.  There's no way to extract this, except in an export of data from the Stats tab.

If Stats Genie stores data in a database (which I suspect it does), you're probably better off trying to glean data from there.

shushs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:56:07 PM »
Ok, thanks!