Author Topic: Layouts  (Read 3703 times)

tbankert

• View Profile
Layouts
« on: April 30, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
I've done a little reading of the docs and browsed the forums a bit here, but have a few questions.

The documentation says you can use HTML.

Can I just start with blank html page, attach a stylesheet and start mocking up my screens.  It seems to me everyone just photoshops a background image in.  Would much rather use something like bootstrap, and lay everything out all nice and neat.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Layouts
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 08:52:41 PM »
In the current version (3.1.1), there is a way to use straight HTML for the entire layout, but it's sort of a hack, isn't very efficient (any changes to any token inserted into the layout cause the entire screen to re-render) and you can't reference stylesheets.  In the upcoming version 3.2, there is a new screen type called "HTML", which is an HTML page (you can specify the HTML or point it to an HTML file).  It does allow referencing stylesheets.  It does not support any scripting.

3.2 is in beta.  You're welcome to check it out in the Beta Testing forum.

tbankert

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:04:31 PM »
Sounds good I'll check it.  Are they any style definitions td doesn't support, or is it simply using whatever version of IE you have on your machine.  Scripting support would be pretty nice to add at some point.  In combing through the forums I noticed a lot of requests for sports news and tickers etc.  Would be really easy to wire up jquery, and pull an xml or json feed in and parse it into an element.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2013, 10:12:59 AM »
The version of IE on your machine is a determining factor.  Beyond that, I don't know of any specific limitations, other than scripting.

I, too, would like to allow scripting and I've been continuously working to make that happen.  But it's difficult to allow scripting and still maintain the integrity of the application.  I've found a few potential solutions, but nothing yet that "fits" into the TD application.

tbankert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 04:22:42 PM »
Well here is my screen layout using the html screen in 3.2 beta.  All in all I think it turned out ok, although would look a lot nicer in standards mode.  Thanks for the help on explaining a few things to be me Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 11:17:09 PM »
Looks good to me!