Author Topic: Final Table layout  (Read 5739 times)

zvjerko

• View Profile
Final Table layout
« on: March 31, 2013, 08:25:52 AM »
Hi,

I am interested, since this is still testing period and this version 4 is working so good, could it be possible to ad some conditions in screen settings. What I had in minds is this, since I am doing all of this manually, when number of players comes to ten which is in my case a final table and I am using suggested movement by TD, to display a seating chart whit bigger font names, also to pause the clock and when tournament starts again to get back to normal layout. This would be some kind of additional seating chart and specifically for a final table, but with all possibilities to edit font, colors and etc. 
I have tried to work with some tokens and conditions but it always comes to edit a default seating chart and re edit it back.
This screen will trigger when number of players come to 10 or less, pause the clock, display this new seating chart. The other settings are not that essential since you can manually get back to main layout and start the clock.
Some tokens or option to create seating chart no.2 .
Thank you!

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Final Table layout
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
On the Table tab, Make a Table,(Final Table) collapse this table last,Then edit a new (Seating Chart token) name it say, (Final Table) Conditions set the Table to = 1 & (type) use advance conditions,with (state != 3) Then when you edit this one it won't effect your other seating chart. On the Preferences tab, click the box to pause the clock with player movement.Then use a hotkey to go to your Final Table Screen this will lock the screen to get back to main screen just push CTRL & L                    This might help Timmer

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 11:50:52 AM »
ok,thanks. will try it although it was not that what I had in mind. any way thanks.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:57:01 AM »
when number of players comes to ten which is in my case a final table and I am using suggested movement by TD, to display a seating chart whit bigger font names

You can create a new screen that has the <seatingchart> token on it to display the final table using whatever fonts/colors you choose.  Then use conditions in the Screen Sets to make it display when the number of players gets down to 10.  Since you want the clock paused, I assume you want a big seating chart so everyone can find their set at the final table. 

... also to pause the clock and when tournament starts again to get back to normal layout

This is the difficult part, because the TD would have to be "aware" that everyone has been seated.  There has to be a tournament condition that it can rely on to know this, so it knows to go back to the regular screen.

For example, let's say I have two screens: "regular" and "final table".  In the Default Screen Set I can just have the screen "regular".  Then I create a Screen Set named "seating for final table" which only has the "final table" screen.  Then I set the conditions of the "seating for final table" Screen Set to: playersLeft = 10.  Next, I create an Event with the trigger "A player busts out", also with the conditions playersLeft = 10, and an action of "Pause the clock".

Now when the rank 11 player busts out and we get to 10 players, the event should fire which will pause the clock, and the Game window should show the "seating for final table" Screen Set, which has the screen with the <seatingchart> token on it.  How do we get the Game window to switch back to the "regular" screen?  Since the conditions were specific, once the next player busts out leaving 9 players the conditions (playersLeft = 10) will no longer be met and the "seating for final table" Screen Set will no longer be chosen, going back to the "regular" screen.  That's fine if you don't mind the "seating chart" screen displayed from the time there are 10 players until the rank 10 player busts out.

The only other thing I could think to do would be to either switch manually to the correct screen and lock the screen, or delete the "seating for final table" Screen Set once you've displayed it long enough.

to display a seating chart whit bigger font names, .... This would be some kind of additional seating chart and specifically for a final table, but with all possibilities to edit font, colors and etc.

The <seatingchart> token will do this, but it is a bit limited.  What would be nice would be a way to display the actual built-in Seating Chart screen with some different settings.  Unfortunately this isn't possible today, but I do have it on my to-do list to make this possible some day.

The <seatingchart> token has been updated in version 3.2 (still in beta: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4330.0) to allow more control over fonts and colors.  Not sure how much that will help, but there it is.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:12:18 PM »
Would it be possible, for the screen properties to use NumberOfTables = 1 as a trigger to display the final table? the only thing I can see with this is the final table display would then need to be overriden to show the default clock again once everyone is seated and the tournament re-commences. An event could also be created to pause the clock using the NumberOfTables, again this would need to be a single fire event.

Stu
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »
Certainly.  It's basically the equivalent in this case, although it's slightly more flexible in that it allows for a final table of different sizes without having to change the conditions (btw, the conditions/formula variable TablesLeft; I assume you're confusing it with the NumberOfTables layout token; guess they probably should have been named the same).

And that reminds me of the lastPlayerBustOutTime condition variable.  This could be used to display the screen with the final table on it for a specific amount of time.

(playersLeft = 10) and ((time - lastPlayerBustOutTime) < 120)

The above would show the final table screen for 2 minutes following the bust out that led to the final table, then automatically switch back to the regular screen.  lastPlayerBustOutTime was added in 3.2 beta 1.

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 04:05:04 PM »
Ok guys, thanks for your replies. i will certainly try to play with settings.

zvjerko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 04:53:09 PM »
I would not mind to manually get back to main screen and that option is preferred. What is most important in this settings is the bigger seating chart with players seated and clock paused. When they all seated you switch back to main screen, final table seating chart remains as it was and the default seating chart with smaller fonts and etc.
Thanks again and I hope to see it in next upgrade.