Author Topic: A quick question on points & prize's  (Read 3359 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
A quick question on points & prize's
« on: May 27, 2011, 04:48:09 PM »
Ok after using the same template for ages i'm dabbling with different styles & setups.
My players not only win cash but also acquire points as part of a league, i already have the working formula for the points

((n+1-r)* 40)  + switch(r, 1, 150, 2, 100, 3, 75, 4, 50, 5, 25, 6, 10)*10

Which gives each player 40 points per player knocked out & top 6 get bonus points. This obviously automatically works out the final scores & points awarded for a end of tournament results page.
What i'm wondering is, can i setup the prize's for top 6 to automatically work out the points they will acquire depending on how many entries we get so if i add a prize section to my main template, it will show the top 6 prizes & what points they will get if they place in the top 6. This won't be the same week in week out as it all depends on how many players we get on the night, so it's not something i can insert myself.

I'm not sure if i'm explaining this clearly enough lol

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: A quick question on points & prize's
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2011, 05:09:24 PM »
If I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking if it can be automatically shown the points that will earned by each rank before they're awarded? That in of itself, I'm not too sure if it's possible...  ???
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 06:09:56 PM »
Yeah pretty much, i have setup a prize section on my main tournament page and just inserted the bonus points manually so players know what bonus points they get for placing in top 6. I was just wondering if a automated prize cell could be added to work the total amount out each week depending on players entered. I have looked into this and couldn't work out if it's possible, so i wouldn't be suprised to hear i can't do it.....just thought i would inquire

Cheers

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
Yeah pretty much, i have setup a prize section on my main tournament page and just inserted the bonus points manually so players know what bonus points they get for placing in top 6. I was just wondering if a automated prize cell could be added to work the total amount out each week depending on players entered. I have looked into this and couldn't work out if it's possible, so i wouldn't be suprised to hear i can't do it.....just thought i would inquire

Cheers

You can show the points that people have earned during a game by configuring the rankings page.
I have also made a couple of pages to display

• the results of the last game position, cash won, points won, hits made etc. and
    the results of the league to date, cash won, points won, hits made, final tables made etc.

On the stats tab, i export the last game and the overall league results as HTML files then  create pages for each one and then display them on the appropriate page.

Not quite what your looking for but very near.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 01:44:25 PM »
You can also use the <pointsforplaying> layout token to display the points that the top 6 ranks will receive.

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 06:37:25 PM »
Somebody mentioned about using token's to display my current leaderboard on another post, but having never used tokens (i don't think). I'm not sure i know what you mean Corey.
If you can point me in the right direction i would appreciate it.

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 06:43:37 PM »
Ah just found it, Doh
Just had a quick dabble and i think that's doing exactly what i need it to
Will update once fully tested

Cheers

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2011, 06:50:51 PM »
Ok this is def doing what i need it to, but when inserting it onto my main page there is a big gap between each rank/points, and this is messing with my layout. Can i alter the space between prizes to fit them in when needed ??

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
with some of the tokens, if not all, you should be able to modify the token by adding a "width=xxx height=yyy" inside the token, where xxx and yyy are the size in pixels. I believe that should help you tinker the cell to fit how you want it to.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 05:15:47 AM »
I have created 2 cells next to each other one showing points for 1st - 3rd and the other showing 4th - 6th.
This has helped with the spacing issue a little bit but i still can't work out how to reduce the space between points.
This is what i am using at the moment for one of the cells

<pointsforplaying ranks="1-3" displayRank="true">

Adding a width & height option, will this only change the cells dimensions ?? As those are fine it's the details inside i need to dabble with.
Cheers for all your help though, much appreciated

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
The output of this token is really just the text and contains no formatting beyond linefeeds between the lines (actually "<br>" HTML elements).  You can control the formatting by adjusting the font in the cell, or by placing a surrounding HTML element and adding some specific formatting.  For example:

<div style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 12pt; line-height: 12px; letter-spacing:2px"><points for playing ... ></div>

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 09:22:51 AM »
Once again Corey you have solved the issue....much appreciated as i would never have sussed that on my own lol

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 09:47:40 AM »
I have just sorted the perfect solution for what i need

<marquee><pointsforplaying ranks="1-10" displayRank="true" orient="horizontal">

Scrolls the available points per night at the bottom of the main screen, ideal for what i need so i appreciate all your help guys

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
I do something like this for my points,but I use the scrolldown with some space in between the numbers. Over a pic of a slot machine, the cells are placed where the numbers should be, looks alright  for a Pre-Tourney Screen and the rest of my cells.