Author Topic: In the Money...  (Read 1515 times)

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
In the Money...
« on: March 04, 2008, 09:46:55 PM »
We play for points, but sometimes I give away other prizes to the top finishers.

Lets say I give first place a fixed prize of $50 in addition to the points.
On the main screen it shows 19 in the points, although only 18 are... It is counting 1st place prizes as two.

Not a big deal, but it caused some confusion over the weekend.

Has this come up in the past?

Is there another variable or a way to not count additional prizes for the same rank?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: In the Money...
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »
UPT - more information please, I'm not sure what you mean.

If you are referring to the "inTheMoneyRank" Points for Playing variable, then it doesn't work that way.  The "in the money rank" is defined as the highest rank that receives a prize that is awarded based on rank.  So it won't matter if you award 1, 2 or 10 prizes to 1st place.  If 3rd place is the last (highest, numerically speaking) rank that receives a prize then inTheMoneyRank will be 3.

UPT

• View Profile
    • University Poker Tour
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 07:46:05 PM »
I am using <numberofrankedprizes>... am I using the wrong variable?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 11:18:17 AM »
We were just talking about 2 different things.  I was referring to the Points for Playing variable "inTheMoneyRank".  You're referring to a layout token that you apparently display to your users.

So, yes and no.  You are using the wrong layout token if what you are trying to display is the rank that puts a player in the money, but there is no layout token that displays what you want.  A very easy addition, though.