Author Topic: FGWP Fun Game I Want to Play  (Read 1572 times)

Phaze

• View Profile
FGWP Fun Game I Want to Play
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:33:01 PM »
I was listening to an older Top Pair Podcast and they suggested a great tournament idea that I want to create. Unfortunately I won't be able to do it for a few months but I think it will be a lot of fun

This NL Holdem tournament is based off the November Nine. Basically after the main event from WSOP breaks when it gets its final table we will know who the players are and what their chipstacks will be when they reconvene in November to play the rest of the game. So our game is based off those same chip stacks, and possibly the same position. But who gets who's chips? This will be decided by a silent auction. All nine contestants will make a private bid on how much he/she thinks the chip stacks are worth. The person with the highest bid gets the biggest chip stack, second gets second biggest and so on. That money that is bidded will become the prize pool. I think this will make an incredibly fun and unpredictable series of events that should make for a fun game.

If you think about last November Nine, Davin Moon had such a massive chip stack that it would be worth establishing a lot of money to secure his chip stack, but you will be competing against others to get that chip stack, this might drive the prize pool WAAAAYYYY up. Also some people may want to play for a chip and a chair and only bid $1 to get the lowest chip stack and take thier chances...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 12:36:21 PM by Phaze »