Author Topic: Impossible to load a file  (Read 4196 times)

amont

• View Profile
Impossible to load a file
« on: March 15, 2012, 10:41:47 AM »
Hello

I have formatted my hard disk and reinstalled every software and windows 7 with SP1 because of problems on my computer...

I have installed the release 2.5.13 of Tournament director with a valid license key and it's impossible to load a tournament file. No windows opens to open the file.

Same problem with release 2.5.12 and 3.11 !

May i have some help please ?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Impossible to load a file
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 12:49:24 PM »
Open up task manager, and look for a process called "mshta.exe" and end it. Then try to restart TD. This should clear up the issue with nothing loading up.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 06:11:09 AM »
Thankyou for your help.

I tried but when i close the process, Tournament director ends and when i restart it, i have the same problem...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »
I have installed the release 2.5.13 of Tournament director with a valid license key and it's impossible to load a tournament file. No windows opens to open the file.

Can you provide a little more detail?  Are you saying that you press the "Load" button on the Game tab and nothing happens?

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:00:16 PM »
Yes that's right. No window opens. I can't open any file.

Same problem in "Preferences", "files config"

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »
Sounds like the issue that occurred when Microsoft released a patch back in 2010, I believe.  But the software was updated to deal with it, and there have been no problems since.

Try the following and see if it helps:

• Open Windows Explorer
  • Navigate to C:\windows\system32.  If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to C:\windows\SysWOW64 instead
  • Delete the file COMDLG32.OCX.  Make sure all instances of Internet Explorer (and the TD) are closed first or Windows will probably not allow you to delete the file
  • Restart the TD

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 01:03:13 AM »
Thank you for your help but there are no changes...

Another problem : i can't check the box "Auto save". When i try, nothing happens....

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 10:18:40 AM »
Same issue.  If your tournament has not yet been saved, then it has no filename.  Checking the Auto Save box will force you to choose a filename, so the first thing that happens is the Save dialog opens.

It seems clear to me the Active-X control that the software uses to access the system file dialogs (as well as font and color dialogs) is not functioning or not installed.  Try opening this page in Internet Explorer (not another browser, it must be Internet Explorer):

http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/installAX6.html

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 04:01:23 PM »
I tryed it several times but without success...

The problem is always here...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
But what happened when you opened the above page?  Did IE prompt you to install an Active-X control?  If so, did you install it?  If not, did you follow the instructions and remove the Active-X control and try the page again?

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 01:10:45 PM »
IE prompts the installation of the active-X control. I install it. The problem is the same after.

Then, i deleted the file in \windows\system32 and i tryed again the same installation after having opened the above page...

When i execute TD this message appears :

I tryed to click on "Oui" (Yes) and then on "Non" (No) but the problem is always here...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:31:04 PM by amont »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 04:17:15 PM »
Can you post another screenshot of the same thing, but this time don't shrink the image size.  Please leave it the same size so the text is legible.

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 06:59:30 PM »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »
That particular message dialog is strange in a couple of ways.  First, it has no program icon (upper left corner), nor a close button (upper right corner).  Where is it coming from?  Is it a message from Windows, or is it from some third party software?  Second, it is asking about replace the file comdlg32.ocx, which is correct, but this itself is strange in a couple of ways.  First, it shouldn't even be asking, it should just happen.  The software should have the appropriate permissions to do this automatically with no intervention.  Second, it is claiming the source of the file is C:\Temp\IDC3.tmp\comdlg32.ocx.  Why would it be coming from there?  That is not where the TD is installed.

I feel like this is the result of some other type of software you have installed on your PC, most likely anti-virus.  Do you have some type of anti-virus software installed?  It might be intercepting this Active-X installation.  If so, disable it and try running the software again.

amont

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 09:05:33 AM »
This message isn't coming from windows, it's coming from TD after the installation of the active X control ! It appears only one time when i execute TD.

My antivirus software is Avast release 7 (last release) and when i disable it, the problem is always present when i run TD again.