Author Topic: Play an event at End of Level only when next level is a round  (Read 1314 times)

William

• View Profile
Play an event at End of Level only when next level is a round
« on: November 27, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
So I'd like to create a formula where an event is played at the end of a level, only when the next level isn't a break.

I've been thinking about the following, but I don't think it'll work like this:

Trigger: A level ends
(state = 2) and (roundNum + 1 = isRound)

Right now I have it set to play at the start of a new level, but there's a gap between the countdown ticks and the announcement of the new level:

Trigger: A level starts
(state = 2) and (isRound = 1) and (roundNum != 1)

Also, I'd like to use a different announcement (voice) for the 1 minute warning to the next blinds level and for the next break. So (similar formula):

Trigger: Clock ticks
(state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 60) and (roundNum + 1 = isRound)
Audio: Attention players, the new Blinds level will commence in 1 minute.

(state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 60) and (roundNum +1 != isRound)
Audio: Attention players, there will be a scheduled break at the end of this blinds level.

================

I'm pausing the clock at the start of every break so all hands can finish before we start the break.

For that I'm using the following settings:
Trigger: A level starts
(state = 2) and (isRound = 0)
Audio: Attention players, the break will commence when all hands have finished.
Action: Clock pauses

&

(state = 2) and (secondsLeft = 889) and (isRound = 0)
Audio: Attention players, we are now on a 15 minute break. The new blinds level will commence after the break.

I've thought about linking this audio to unpausing the clock, but I don't want it to play that "we're on break" in case for some reason I'd have to pause the clock manually.

Any other suggestions for this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Play an event at End of Level only when next level is a round
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2008, 01:30:34 PM »
I can't think of a way for you to be able to tell whether or not the NEXT level will be a round or a break.  So, the only way to implement this is to have different events for specific times in your tournament.  This would tie the event configuration to your blinds schedule, unfortunately, so if you changed your schedule, you would need to possibly adjust your events.

Trigger: A level ends
(state = 2) and (roundNum = 3)

So, use the above when you've got a break after round 3.  Create another event for the break that occurs after round 6, for example.  And so on.  It would be nice to have one generic event that handles playing some audio file after every round in which there will be a break next, but as I said, I can't think of a way to do this.

For the "on break" announcement, I'd simply tie it to a hotkey.  Again, it would be nice to have it be automated, but you don't want it to play at some inappropriate time because you had to pause the clock, for example.  So, since you'll already have to make sure to START the clock for the break once all hands finish, you would just have to remember to hit some other key to kick off the announcement.  I've just added something to the to-do list to allow for firing off a sound or event by pressing a button (<tdbutton> in the layout).  That way you could add an on-screen button that plays a sound, for example.  I don't *think* you can do this today....