Author Topic: Points adjustment  (Read 2309 times)

BulletMan

• View Profile
Points adjustment
« on: February 13, 2010, 12:47:18 PM »
I had a tourney last night and realized I failed to enter an add-on for one player.  We utilze Dr. Neau's scoring system.  Of course, this person happens to have won the tournament and it is a fairly significant difference between 1st place with and 1st place without an add-on.  I thought the best way to remedy this would be to manually adjust his points down to the proper score.  However, I use 4 digits to the right of the decimal and when I enter the adjustment it rounds it off to two.  I know you're thinking "Big Deal" but that could be important as my standings are very tight.  All of my Stats show 4 digits, so it's just this adjustment that rounds.  Am I missing a setting somewhere?  Should I undo the last knockout and enter is add-on and then re-knockout the last player? 

Please help

Bullet

Phaze

• View Profile
Re: Points adjustment
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:14:08 PM »
open up the tournament in question and on the tournament screen hit the "b" button on your keyboard. This is the hotkey for addons. It will probably tell you that there are no addons at this time or something like that but will have an override button... click on that and add your add on

BulletMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 02:03:27 PM »
I tried that first.  That does not work because the tournament is over.  That's why my original post mentioned undoing the last knockout.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »
The number of decimal places used for Points (and Score) are on the Preferences tab, in the Numbers / Currency section.

You can insert an add-on into a player's history.  Go to the Players tab and edit the player for whom you forgot to add-on.  This will open the Game Player dialog.  In the bottom section (Tournament History), right-click on the last action the player performed and select "Insert add-on".

Phaze is correct, too.  When you perform an add-on, you should get a dialog telling you that you can't add-on because the tournament is over.  However, the dialog will have an "Override" button.  If you press that button, you should be able to perform the add-on.  Unless you're using an older version of the software before the override option was implemented.

BulletMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »
Corey -  If I do this, will it adjust the points or just record the add-on?

Also, as my original post stated I do have the number of decimal points set to 4.  The score adjust reads 0.0000 before I enter the adjustment.  When I entered the adjustment with 4 decimals (-1.6759), the system rounded it to -1.6800 on the Edit Game Player page.  Points and Score Precision are both set to 4 on the Preferences tab.

Regarding Phaze's comments, when I hit B, nothing happens.  I am not even prompted to override anything.  It just acts like I didn't do anything.  I am on version 2.5.10.  I do remember after the point in time where I no longer allow add-ons/rebuys, that a screen popped up regarding an override and I click something to keep that screen from appearing after every knockout after that point in time.  Is that what you are referring to?  If so, how do I get that back?

Bullet

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 03:41:05 PM »
Corey -  If I do this, will it adjust the points or just record the add-on?

Everything is recalculated whenever any major event occurs, like a buy-in, bust-out, rebuy, etc.  So, yes, if you modify a player's history and insert an add-on, points will be recalculated.

Also, as my original post stated I do have the number of decimal points set to 4.  The score adjust reads 0.0000 before I enter the adjustment.  When I entered the adjustment with 4 decimals (-1.6759), the system rounded it to -1.6800 on the Edit Game Player page.  Points and Score Precision are both set to 4 on the Preferences tab.

Yeah, looks to be a bug.  Anywhere a points value is input from the user, it truncates it to 2 decimal places.  Will put in a fix for 2.6.

Regarding Phaze's comments, when I hit B, nothing happens.  I am not even prompted to override anything.  It just acts like I didn't do anything.  I am on version 2.5.10.  I do remember after the point in time where I no longer allow add-ons/rebuys, that a screen popped up regarding an override and I click something to keep that screen from appearing after every knockout after that point in time.  Is that what you are referring to?  If so, how do I get that back?

Bullet

B is the default hotkey for performing an add-on.  Maybe your hotkey has been changed?  You can also perform an add-on by pressing the Add-on button on the Controls tab.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 03:51:09 PM »
Follow-up: I believe those buttons are disabled on the Controls tab once the tournament is over.  I will address this in 2.6.

BulletMan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2010, 07:51:20 PM »
Corey -  I used the right-click on the player info screen in tournament history and did the add-on.  Worked perfectly. Thank you!