Author Topic: 3.2 beta 4  (Read 15287 times)

Linker_Split

• View Profile
Re: 3.2 beta 4
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »
Maybe its just me, but I unchecked the "Show the player movement dialog when auto seating players" option on behaviour, but the Player Movement layout still pops up when I seat players  ;D

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »
Not sure if it's just you, but it isn't me.  I tried buying players in that were already added to the tournament, adding players to the tournament and buying them in at the same time, and creating a new player and buying them in at the same time, all with "Auto seat" checked, and nothing popped up after I performed that action.  The players were randomly seated as expected, but there was no Player Movement confirmation dialog.  I tried doing this from the Players tab, the Controls tab, and the Game window, with the same results.

... but the Player Movement layout still pops up when I seat players  ;D

Is this the distinction?  This preference is meant to control the behavior when Auto seating players at buy-in.  If you don't Auto seat but then press "Seat Players" from the Tables tab, you're going to get a confirmation dialog.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 01:20:52 PM »
Possible problem, don't know if it is or not! when resetting and undoing tournaments or using a tourney as a template, I then remove the players and commence registration, using the players tab sorted by buy-in time it doesn't use their buy-in time for the current tournament unless they didn't play in one of the historical tourneys being used, so players are all 'higglady piggaldy' for want of a better word.
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
It's a bug.  There's no specific sort function for "Buy-in Time" and so it falls back on the generic sort, which is then sorting on a non-existent field.  It doesn't even fall back from there onto the player's name (which most other sorts do) so you get what we might call "undefined" behavior.  I'll fix it for 3.2.  Thanks for pointing this out.

As an update, I've got about 20 pages of the user manual left ... so release it getting pretty close, finally.

DanRGoss

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2013, 04:33:42 PM »
Maybe I'm missing it but I'm looking to see where I can download the Beta format.

I am still having problems with the LOAD and SAVE AS features. And now, I was running a tournament last night and it kept crashing. It would come up saying:

MICROSOFT HTML APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING

I was hoping that maybe the Beta format would fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »
Top of the page .  Click.  Back to. Main site
Top right (news)

DanRGoss

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:52 PM »
Yea...I tried that both via this website and from inside TD. Each time it just brings me to the forum site.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »
How about the first page.   

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2013, 08:34:01 PM »
I am still having problems with the LOAD and SAVE AS features.

Still haven't figured out the load/save buttons issue.  But it's quite possible it's a third-party IE plug-in or some type of malware (as possible as anything at this point, I suppose) that is causing the issue.

And now, I was running a tournament last night and it kept crashing. It would come up saying:

MICROSOFT HTML APPLICATION IS NOT RESPONDING

I was hoping that maybe the Beta format would fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

This likely means one of two things: (a) you've hit upon some bad code in the TD, or (b) IE is fudged in some way.  (a) has a low likelihood, but not impossible.  It's unlikely not because there aren't bugs in the software, but because the type of bug that would cause this (an infinite loop) shouldn't be possible because the host application (MS HTML Application) should catch that and prevent it.  However, it's recently become clear to me that it doesn't *always* catch those.  In fact, I've found and fixed one instance of this in the upcoming version 3.2 (a bug that has been around since version 2.x), so it's possible you've run into the same or similar issue, but I think the possibility is pretty low.  Usually when the host application hangs in this way something else is hosed.

I would uninstall and/or reinstall IE.  I would also uninstall any toolbars or other IE plug-ins that you might have installed.  And I would also look on the "Programs and Features" control panel applet and look for anything that looks like an IE plug-in or extension and remove it (if possible).  One thing I noticed recently for someone else who had this issue was something called "BrowserProtect" and "Delta Toolbar".  I don't know if either of these cause this issue, but when you Google either one and the first 3 pages of results are about how to remove them, you know they are not good for your PC.  So I would look for things like that.  And I would also run a virus scan.

I have no idea if any of these things will help, but it's a place to start.

Maybe I'm missing it but I'm looking to see where I can download the Beta format.

The latest beta is listed in this topic.  Here a link back to the topic itself: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=4330.0

DanRGoss

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2013, 09:06:29 PM »
I will do this and let you know. There's about 18 of us that get together once a month for a year round tourney. Our last match is this weekend. I will let you know.

tbankert

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2013, 09:29:42 AM »
Hey Corey this might not be a bug, but when you export results into a csv if you choose not include column headers the first row has quotation marks around it's data like the column headers do ex:

With column headers
"First Name", "Last Name"
joe,snuffy
john,doe

Without Column headers included
"joe","snuffy"
john,doe

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2013, 10:07:40 AM »
This is intentional.  The first row will always have quotations around the columns.  On other rows, quotations are added only if necessary.

The reason the first row has quotations is to guard against the case where the first column header is the ID column.  When a CSV file's first two characters are the letters ID, Excel treats the file differently (as an "SYLK" file) and opens and displays it differently.

Quotation marks around values in CSV files are necessary when the value itself contains quotation marks or commas, but values are allowed to have quotation marks around them even if the values don't contain quotation marks or commas.  So it doesn't hurt anything to add them.  So rather than introduce lots of logic in various places throughout the TD software, the code that creates the CSV file simply always adds quotation marks for line 1.