Author Topic: Countdown timer  (Read 2759 times)

Calgary Dave

• View Profile
    • Poker Knights! Be the next Champion
Countdown timer
« on: July 12, 2007, 01:51:32 PM »
Sorry if this is repost, I tried searches and come up with a hundred pages. 

Okay..I like the sample tournament that came with TD2, as it has a nice countdown timer with multiple screens with custom msgs etc.

so I want to incorporate that into my own tournament style.  But the "countdown" button is greyed out and I can't seem to figure out how to get it "activated".   Nor how to create custom screens.

help.

MattBurlew

• View Profile
Re: Countdown timer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 02:14:52 PM »
You can't start a countdown until the tournament could start, i.e. at least 2 players have bought in and 1 round is defined in the schedule.  At that point you can start the Countdown and add players and whatever else.

Calgary Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:47:33 PM »
Ahh thank you, just didn't have the seating complete.  Okay..now..I want to insert a field so I can enter a custom msg (ie: "dont forget next weeks BBQ/tourney"   etc..something along those lines)  I think I'd set it up from the "layout" section, correct?  So I need to create a new "button" in the tollbox section?  a field that would contain custom text.....suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:15:37 PM »
This will be changed to allow you to push the Countdown button, and then it will tell you why the countdown can't start, to make it less confusing...

One way to add a custom message (there are several), is to create a new Cell, place your text in the cell, and put the cell on the screen where you want it displayed.

Easiest thing to do is copy an existing cell that has similar properties, so you don't have to change much.  As an example, right-click on an existing cell next to which you'd like to place your new cell, and select Insert cell (above/below/before/after) ... /.  In the "Copy" section, select the Tournament Info cell, give the new cell a name, and press the Copy Cell button.  Double-click on the new cell and change the text (HTML) of it to your message.  Make sure to do this (change the text) on each of the Property Set tabs (Odd Rounds, Even Rounds, Breaks).

If your message changes each tournament, you could insert one of the rules tokens instead, so that you could just change your message on the Rules tab each tournament instead of actually modifying the layout.  For example, put the text "<announcements>" in the HTML of the cell instead of your message.  Then on the Rules tab, change the text for the announcement rules token.

Calgary Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 07:59:13 PM »
Okay....thats making more sense now, Thank You Corey.  I am just getting familiar with what the differences are between "cells", "tokens" etc.

I love this program!!   I find it really easy to learn on, and the potential of it is amazing.  I just can't imagine how customizable it is if you actually know scripting and html etc!

But I'm gettin there!

Phaze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:03:33 PM »
whoa! another calgarian... thats wild

Calgary Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:05:43 PM »
LOL...we're everywhere.  Phaze, do I know you?  You from Calgary?  Do you belong to Poker Knights?  If not..check it out.  I'm having a 22 man tourney tomorrow night at my place, plus another big all day tourney/bbq party on the 28th.

2handdan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 09:54:52 PM »
Hi All

Can someone please send me a link to a free tournament clock for some Texas Holdem at home please.

StevenR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 06:06:01 PM »
Please do not post requesting free links to other sites for tournament clocks.  :-\

The gentleman that runs this site has made a spectacular program that beats any tournament clock I have EVER used.

It is well worth the money as well as the time that he (mainly him) and the community have done to get out all bugs that arise.

Many props for Tournament Director.

- SteveR
-----
Tell me and I may forget.
Show me and I may remember.
Involve me and I will understand.

- Old Chinese Proverb