Author Topic: Picture on LCD is way too big  (Read 2962 times)

COMPLETEUNKNOW

• View Profile
Picture on LCD is way too big
« on: July 02, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »
I am very frustrated.  I spent way more hours than I'd like to admit too working on my layout and sounds.  It looked awesome on my laptop.  I bought a 32 inch LCD to use exclusively for my poker timer.  Once I sent my main screen to my LCD, everything was way too big.  I tried the auto-size with no luck.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:21:19 PM by COMPLETEUNKNOW »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Picture on LCD is way too big
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »
Sounds like an issue with how big the the screen is versus what it actually is. If I am right, this is something outside of TD, but is fixable.  Make sure the TV is hooked up to the laptop. Go to the control panel, then to display. From there, you want to adjust the resolution. I'm not sure if there is a way to detect what the TV actually is using, so you may need to play with it, but you should be able to get by using the 1024x760 resolution (I think that's what the "standard" one is).
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

COMPLETEUNKNOW

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
Thanks for the reply Magic_fubu...I've tried altering the resolution with no luck.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:19:44 AM »
match the LCD resolution with the resolution of your native laptop screen in resolution settings on windows desktop, you also need to match the resolution you set there on the TD3 Extended Display settings screen.

So load resolutions settings on the desktop (or screen properties if using an old version of windows) check your resolution, then hook up the extended display and set it to match if possible.  Then load TD3, and set the extended display resolution on preferences > extended display to match what you have set the extended display on windows to.

If you are using VGA cabling you may not be able to match resolutions and would require an HDMI cable instead.

It's always best to create displays with a resolution of 1024x768 which is native to VGA cabling.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 11:39:47 AM »
Since most things displayed on the Tournament screen usually involve text, the best way to size a screen is to muck around with font sizes.  This is what the "Auto Size" feature does.  But it (clearly) might not work for all cases.

First, what happens when you Auto Size?  Does the feature complain that it can't seem to size the layout to fit your screen?  Or does it successfully complete (it THINKS it has sized the layout appropriately but the layout still doesn't fit the physical screen)?

Second, feel free to attach your layout and I will have a look.  Make sure to note the resolution of both of your displays (laptop and 32" display).

COMPLETEUNKNOW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
I am using a VGA cable, so maybe that's the issue. 

The auto-size think its working and re-sizes everything, but not correctly.

I love the program, so I hope I can get this figured out.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 04:54:43 PM »
In the templates and sounds Tab on the forum there are lots of different layouts with different resolutions-  from 1024 upwards. Why not down load a few different layouts and see  what happens when you try these .
Alternatively, if you have some thing like photoshop or Adobe elements load up your  backgrounds and resize them and see what happens.
If you dont have a program that resizesm  you can try Gimp, a good free paint program.

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
It sounds like your problem is that you have created a layout using the native resolution of the laptop, and not extended displays, and then you connect the VGA cable and move the display and the tournament screen is now showing at a different size from once you designed.  Your best way to workaround this is have your exyended display hooked up or another display and edit down the display until it's correct at 1024x768, including rescaling images etc.

You can hook up HDMI which will work (most of the time) at higher resolutions and/or can match the resolution you created the screen at, but to be honest, your better sticking with VGA, and re-sizing the layout instead as HDMI is not the best for extended displays, apart from the resolution problems VGA really is a far better & easier medium to work with IMHO.

Regards
Stu
Stuart Murray