Author Topic: Editing League Properties removes all players (even if you don't!)  (Read 1976 times)

seeeya

• View Profile
If you select Edit League Properties and click "OK" with or without changing anything, it removes all players from that league.  If you click "Cancel" no player are removed.

You can still see all players until you select another league, upon reselecting the league you realize that no players are in that league.

I noticed in the last update you seem to halfway fix it.  Prior to 2.4.2 I clicked "OK" in edit league properties (even if I don't change anything) it removes all league players. Before I clicked on a different league I could still see all players associated with the league. I would then click on a player and an error message generated and I could not edit any players. After 2.4.2 I can select the player, edit the player's leagues (the league edited is not selected) and save changes. I didn't look to see if I could select all players and then add them to that particular league BUT the problem lies in if I accidentally click "OK" knowing that I haven't changed the league and then before reassigning the players into the league click out of that league into another, losing all players and having to manually add every player again.

This doesn't help with leagues that contain a large contingency.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Editing League Properties removes all players (even if you don't!)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »
Oh no, you're right!

I fixed a bug in the Edit League Properties dialog related to renaming a league (obscure bug, but nevertheless...) and it looks like I introduced another without realizing it!

I don't know about the part where you "click on a player and an error message generated", but editing league properties will definitely remove everyone from the league.  Don't do it!

I will try to get a fix for this ASAP...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 11:31:30 AM »
On closer inspection, this bug has actually been there for quite some time.  I guess people just don't change the name of their leagues very often.

I will obviously fix this, but not sure if this warrants a release by itself.

seeeya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »
Thanks,

No rush, just thought it needed to be brought to your attention.

I noticed this back in July 2007 when I started playing with different leagues and seasons but just thought it was annoying. When I searched "edit league" I found a post from August 26th(ish) 2006 about someone losing everyone in the league and figured that was what happened.