Author Topic: Bug with 2.2.2 fix  (Read 1801 times)

Heekim

• View Profile
Bug with 2.2.2 fix
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:33:53 PM »
I have recently purchased tournament director v2.2.2 and sometimes when i'm running tournaments, the whole program crashes.  I get a warning saying that the program has encountered problems and that it must closed, you know the standard windows warning that asks you to send or dont' send the information on. 
Do you know why this happens, or does this happen to other customers of this product??

Any advice would be helpful,
thank you

tandemrx

• View Profile
Re: Bug with 2.2.2 fix
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 09:38:48 AM »
I have never had 2.2.2 crash and I am using it on a laptop that wants to crash just by looking at it wrong (Win98, 600mghz, 256 ram).
TD runs slow, but that is because of the laptop, not the program.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with 2.2.2 fix
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 10:35:34 AM »
What you are seeing is a crash of Internet Explorer, or more specifically, mshta.exe, which is the IE application host program.  The most likely answer is that your installation of Internet Explorer is corrupt or damaged in some way.

There is a Microsoft article on repairing Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378
It's not too difficult, but it isn't for the timid.  And it's for IE 6 only.  It's a shame they don't have a repair tool like they did with IE 5.  I don't believe they have a similar procedure for IE 7 (yet).