Author Topic: how to run 2 tournmants at the same time ? (on the same computer)  (Read 1041 times)

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
I have problems with the newest TD version - can i run 2 TDs on the same PC (old and new version?)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: how to run 2 tournmants at the same time ? (on the same computer)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 09:43:08 AM »
It is possible to run two versions, but it isn't easy.  The two instances likely will not be able to use the same data store (the newer version will automatically upgrade it and the older version will no longer understand it).  So with that caveat, it can be done.  But what is the point?

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:07 PM »
It is possible to run two versions, but it isn't easy.  The two instances likely will not be able to use the same data store (the newer version will automatically upgrade it and the older version will no longer understand it).  So with that caveat, it can be done.  But what is the point?

to see if the old version would break down all the time like the new one dose :-(

Ps. just curious...how would i run 2 tournaments at the same time ? (same versions)

BrianKristiansen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 12:07:07 AM »
hoping to hear how to run 2 tournaments at the same time from same PC :-)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 10:21:50 PM »
Run the TD using the command line option: "-tdnoconcurrencycheck".  This will allow a second instance to launch.  Note that there are caveats, in that you can lose information in your player database if both instances write to the database.  The application is not designed to run this way and thus is not a supported configuration.