Author Topic: Bounty?  (Read 3540 times)

Bojan1983

• View Profile
Bounty?
« on: June 23, 2007, 05:04:05 PM »
I noticed there are "bounties" in TD... Also i saw a template with rules "20$to buy in and 3 $ for bounties"... 

I ve looked at dictionary so i know what the word mean, but still dont know what to do with it... What is it used for? Cant relate it with anything in poker...

Brief explanation plz...
Proud owner of TD licence :)

PTL

• View Profile
    • Poker League
Re: Bounty?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:06:28 AM »
A Bounty in the world of poker is used for a little side prize.

If you do a $20 Buy-in with $5 Bounty (Most places I go to make it optional).  You get what's called a bounty chip.  You keep the bounty chip in front of you,  it doesn't have any value except if you go all-in you place your Bounty chip in too.  If someone takes you out they get your bounty chip.  At the end of the night you cash in all the bounty chips you earned.  In this case if you took out 3 people you would get $15.

Does that make sense to you?
The Best User Driven Poker Site, where you can find Poker Games in your area and get the latest Poker Strategy.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »
Since you explained it so nice, offcourse it made sense :)

tnx!

btw, never before i heard about it or used it in my games...  So, how does it work? All have to buy it? or is it bought only by those who want it?

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 03:33:50 PM »
That's up to you (or whomever is running the tournament) if it is mandatory or optional.  If it's optional, then only people who bought bounty chips are eligible to win someone else's chip.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 08:42:50 AM »
Hmm... I was looking for some rules about usage of bounty in poker...  and I ve found some topic that got me all confused...
Its about split pot and bounty chip... Like, there are 3 players and only one has bounty chip, what happens if pot is split...  I thought if you dont have a bounty you cant win one...

Could someone gimme link to or explain details of using bounty chips rules...  I like this optional thing, where nobody is forced to buy it...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 02:04:47 AM by Bojan1983 »

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 06:45:45 PM »
You should have a way to determine who wins in the event of a split pot where someone goes out.  The most common way would be to go by highest card (using suit if needed) in the players' hands.  Or use the player furthest from the button.  Or high card for the hit.

It's up to you.

Bojan1983

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 02:06:20 AM »
What happens if player A bought bounty and player B did not.

They go all in and player B wins... He takes the bounty?

MattBurlew

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
What happens if player A bought bounty and player B did not.

They go all in and player B wins... He takes the bounty?

Player A keeps his chip (and gets his money back for the bounty chip).

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2007, 04:04:41 PM »
I've used Bounty's in my Tourneys both ways: Mandatory and Optional

Feedback received: Players basically liked it better when I made it mandatory (I simply moved the buy-in up to $30 from $25)

Reasoning: If a player busts-out 5 folks, but only 2 have bounty chips - it's kind of a downer.  More fun when everyone is in on the action and all are at risk.  Also - EVERYONE has an opportunity to brag that they made $$$ playing poker.

Note to above comments: You need to make it where only those who OWN a bounty chip can WIN a bounty chip, if you play it optionally.  Otherwise, you have a very serious disincentive to NOT participate as a player.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007, 04:11:28 PM by theHammer »

JohnJ46

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2007, 12:36:58 PM »
This is how our tournament handles the Bounty Option, been working just fine.

Bounty Option:
·   When a player buy’s into the Bounty Option they buy a Bounty Chip, the cost of the Bounty Chip goes into a Bounty Pool, this chip has no value during the tournament, it is only used to identify a Bounty Player.
·   The Bounty Chip is kept in front of a Bounty Player and is only put into the pot if the Bounty Player goes All-In.
·   The Bounty Player can only lose the Bounty Chip if they get knocked-out.
·   A Bounty Chip can only be won by another Bounty Player.
·   If a Bounty Player gets knocked-out by more than one player, The Bounty Chip goes to the Bounty Player with the biggest stack, if none of the winning players is a Bounty Player, the Bounty Chip goes into the Inactive Bounty Chip Pot, which is given to the last Bounty Player in the game.
·   If a non-Bounty Player knocks-out a Bounty Player (which includes the Bounty Chip) the lost Bounty Chip goes into an Inactive Bounty Chip Pot, which is given to the last Bounty Player in the game. Whether or not the last Bounty Player gets knocked-out before the end of the tournament.
·   The Last Bounty Player will end up with all the Bounty Chips and wins the amount in the Bounty Pool.