Author Topic: 3.3 beta 2  (Read 16106 times)

T-Bone

• View Profile
Re: 3.3 beta 2
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2014, 01:20:29 AM »
Started TD, made sure box was checked, loaded a tournament, correct path displayed in the "Filename" box, exited application, started again, default tournament loaded, Filename box empty, no error message.

I'll install on game laptop later today--it's 3 o'clock in the freaking morning--and see if problem is machine-specific. This is not a big deal to me, but I understand you want it to work for everyone. I'll let you know what happens.
If it ain't naked, deep-fried or poker-related, I ain't interested!

Silver Owl

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 06:30:42 AM »
Same here, I just downloaded 3.3, I checked "Upon application start, continue where I left off" loaded a tournament, exited the program, started the program and the default tournament loaded with (no filename) displayed at the top.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 04:49:15 PM »
Same here, I just downloaded 3.3, I checked "Upon application start, continue where I left off" loaded a tournament, exited the program, started the program and the default tournament loaded with (no filename) displayed at the top.

Same here.  Verified settings, loaded tournament. Exited program, upon restart of the program, default tournament is loaded.  Windows 7 OS.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 04:53:08 PM »

Same here.  Verified settings, loaded tournament. Exited program, upon restart of the program, default tournament is loaded.  Windows 7 OS.
[/quote]

Only additional information I can think to provide is the path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 3\saves\league\2013-2014\March Tourney.tdt".  Could subfolders be causing the issue?  Just a thought...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 08:17:13 PM »
I'd say this is pretty definitively not working.  Wish I understood why.

During the initialization process, the code gets to a point where it looks to see if a tournament filename has been passed on the command line.  This is done to support double-clicking a tournament file in Windows Explorer and having Windows automatically start the TD application and load that tournament file.  Just like double-clicking a Word or Excel document fires up Word or Excel and automatically opens that document.  If there's nothing passed to the application on the command line, it looks to see if this preference is enabled, and, if so, it tries to load the last loaded tournament.

So, the only thing I can think at this point is (1) there's an error before it gets to this point in the code, but the error isn't displayed and the application just keeps on trucking (but skipping the loading of the last tournament).  Although I think this is unlikely, it's possible; or (2) the software thinks a tournament has been passed on the command line.  In this case, if it can't find the tournament file, it just skips trying to load it.  No error is shown.  So if this is happening, it would explain why it's not trying to load the last tournament (because it's either load the tournament from the command line or load the last tournament).  But there's really no way to know.

Here's a quick thing to try: When the TD is not running, double-click a saved tournament file in Windows Explorer.  Does Windows launch the TD and the double-clicked tournament file gets loaded as soon as it finishes initializing?

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2014, 08:32:42 PM »
Here's a quick thing to try: When the TD is not running, double-click a saved tournament file in Windows Explorer.  Does Windows launch the TD and the double-clicked tournament file gets loaded as soon as it finishes initializing?

Yes, Windows does launch TD when I double-click the .tdt file, and the tournament file does get loaded properly.  I exited TD and relaunched via the program shortcut, no tournament gets loaded.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2014, 09:13:22 PM »
Thanks efdenny.  That's good to know.  It mostly eliminates (2) from my last post.  Can you send me your preferences file?  It should be in C:\Users\elfdenny\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav.  Replace elfdenny with your Windows login user name, of course.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2014, 10:58:17 PM »
Can you send me your preferences file?

Sent via email.  Let me know if you'd like anything else!

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2014, 05:57:08 AM »
Same behavior on laptop. Both machines running Windows 7 Ultimate X64. Plus, I can find nothing in my prefs.sav file which appears to reference "Upon application start, continue where I left off", but I'm old with fading eyesight and there's a lot of stuff in there!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 06:11:35 AM by T-Bone »

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2014, 07:55:47 AM »
Both machines running Windows 7 Ultimate X64.

Good point, I'm also on Windows 7 x64.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »
Can you send me your preferences file?

Sent via email.  Let me know if you'd like anything else!

Thanks.  Looking at your prefs I can verify that the preference to "continue where I left off" is enabled, and the last tournament loaded is indeed saved.  So that can be eliminated.  Double-clicking a tournament file launches the TD and loads the double-clicked tournament, so that functionality is working.

OK, just figured it out.  It's the difference between running in development mode versus running in release mode.  Works in development mode.  In release mode, it confuses the program itself with a command line argument, so it thinks an invalid tournament file has been passed to it, and thus never gets the point of even trying to load the last loaded tournament.

Thanks everyone for your help.  Let me see if this is something I can patch.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
Patch has been published.  Your TD should automatically download it.

T-Bone

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 02:34:53 AM »
You da man! Works as designed.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:40 AM »
Glad to hear it.  :)

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2014, 09:19:48 PM »
Patch has been published.  Your TD should automatically download it.

Confirmed as well!  Thanks for the update, Corey...