Author Topic: Sound firing  (Read 3129 times)

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
Sound firing
« on: August 26, 2012, 01:16:34 AM »
Can anybody give me the correct syntax for firing  a sound at 10 seconds left in round 2. The syntax I have tried is (isRound = 2) and (state = 2) and (roundNum = 2) and (secondsLeft = 10). I have used the test conditions and it passes as long as I answer state = 2 isRound = 2 roundNum = 2 and secondsLeft = 10. I am using ver 3.1. I have also moved the event to the top of the list. I can fire the event manually so I believe that the sound file is in the correct directory.  I have also used the syntax (isRound) and (state =2) and (roundNum = 2) and (secondsLeft = 10). But when I use the test conditions I have to put in isRound 2 state 2 secondLeft 10 roundNum 2 for it to be true. Notice that my isRound syntax is just that (isRound). But even with it true it still doesn't fire. My Action settings are "if any other sounds are playing stop them first" .... up late and going nuts! lol
I have also tried both triggers   clock ticks   and level ends  I GOT IT   NEVER MIND SORRY IF SOMEBODY IS LOOKING INTO THIS
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:43:10 AM by DDOWNERFATCAT »

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: Sound firing
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 05:55:03 AM »
Just to confirm;

Trigger: The Clock Ticks
Conditions: (isRound) and (state = 2) and (roundNum = 2) and (secondsLeft = 10)

IsRound - is a round not a break
State 2 - tournament is running
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
I realize you've worked this out, but just to clarify, the issue is the part:

(isRound = 2)

isRound is a boolean variable, meaning it only has a true or false value, represented by a 1 or 0, respectively.  It will never have a value of 2.  The formula test dialog will allow you to put any value you want for a variable, so by putting a 2 in the input for isRound, your formula tested OK, but in a tournament it would never have that value.

Using:

isRound

or

(isRound = 1)

work equally well.

Anyway, glad you figured it out.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 11:10:37 PM »
when is (isRound) false?

Stuart Murray