Author Topic: Export Player Rankings  (Read 2334 times)

raiisak

• View Profile
Export Player Rankings
« on: August 03, 2015, 08:14:20 AM »
Hi, I am looking for a way to export player rankings from first bustout to last.

We are using an external solution to post ranks online before moving over to TD and have not had the time to
figure out how this works. But if possible how to I create leagu with using this code:

(LN((X+1)/Y)*100)
X how many players og Y place in tournament.

I need a export to use in excel looking like this example:

1. Me
2. You
3. Someone
4. Else
5. Andsoon
ect. ect.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Export Player Rankings
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2015, 03:32:04 PM »
The equivalent formula in the TD would be:

log((n+1)/r)*100

You can export directly from the Players tab.   That will get the results for the current tournament.  Or run statistics over several tournaments on the Stats tab and export from there.  In that case you'd need to create a Profile to instruct the software on which tournament files to include, which leagues and seasons, and how to generate scores for each player.

raiisak

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2015, 08:00:49 PM »
Clean, simple and works! Thank you.

I figured out how to sort it by rank and so on in excel quickly.

Any easy way to edit the export template to html, would save me aditional time.

Cheers!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 12:39:43 PM »
The export templates are in the "templates" folder in your Data Store, which is typically C:\Users\<your Windows login>\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\templates.

raiisak

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 05:26:35 PM »
Thanks, I put in the time and sorted out how to make a league and let the software do the work for me.

But one thing I could not figure out, season. League = several tournaments. Seasons = several leagues ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2015, 03:26:41 PM »
A league is a grouping of players.  Leagues make it easier to add a group of players to a tournament.  Tournaments can also be assigned to a league.  Leagues also make it easier to filter out other tournaments when you run statistics.

Seasons are really just a label.  They typically refer to a time period, but really they're nothing more than a label.  They make it easier to filter out other tournaments when you run statistics.  You can also filter tournaments by applying a time range within the Stats Profile.

raiisak

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 02:39:36 PM »
Thank you for clearing this up! Keep up the good work dog :)

krokusmoen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2016, 07:16:41 AM »
I am having difficulties with exporting only the current tournament.

I am doing this:

Players tab -> Export -> Players to html.

It shows the previous tournament, not the currently loaded. I have only two tournaments saved, but when I export it always shows the results of the first tournament, not tournament 2.

What could be wrong?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 05:17:42 PM »
The export feature on the Players tab exports only the information for the currently loaded tournament.  In fact, since "other" tournaments aren't currently loaded, it can't export information from them.  I'd double-check you have the correct tournament loaded.  You should see the same information in the export that you see on the Players tab.