Author Topic: REBUY'S  (Read 3944 times)

frisco49ers

• View Profile
REBUY'S
« on: April 26, 2006, 12:05:42 AM »
We allow re-buys when you are at or below $1000 in chips, when you try to do the re-buy it says "player must be busted out before they can re-buy"
In the old version it just let you select the Reub.  Is there a setting somewhere you can change this?

frisco49ers

• View Profile
Re: REBUY'S
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 12:14:46 AM »
I read further and see that it is on your to-do list,
Thansk

Buhay Pa Ako

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 09:17:54 PM »
 Hi, I loaded the new version and ran a tourney the other night, but still had to bust out a player before it would let me rebuy. Did I miss something? What is the trick? I need to be able to rebuy a player without busting them out first.
 Please help,
  Thanks,
    BD    :)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 09:29:31 PM »
You missed the checkbox at the top of the Rebuys section (Game tab) that says "Allow players still in the tournament to rebuy".

Buhay Pa Ako

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 05:26:37 AM »
  Hey Corey,
  Thanks for that, but that wasn't it. I was sure that I checked that box, and I just went back and double-checked to make sure. One interesting thing I noticed was that when I close and restart the program, the "new version available" box still comes up. I wouldn't expect that to come up after I'd installed the new version. So, I reinstalled the new version and went back and re-checked the box to allow players still in to rebuy.
  I'm still a bit puzzled on this. Is there a way to check the version to make sure?
  Thanks again for a great program and incredible support.
    BD      :)

Buhay Pa Ako

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 05:56:06 AM »
  Ok, still troubleshooting this. I went back and restarted the same tournament. I made sure the box was checked to allow players still in to rebuy. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, but I right click on the main screen for the menu, that's where I'm looking for an option to rebuy, but I don't find that option there. I do find an option to "bust player out", and there is one for "buy in players" but nothing to rebuy the player. I'm sure it's the new version b/c it had the box for me to click on the game tab.

Also, during the game the other night, I didn't want to scroll thru the seating and tables menu's, so I clicked "don't scroll" etc, but it still did. Interestingly, I had tried this during an earlier test run and it seemed to work. Hmmm.

Thanks again for the help,
     BD     :)

Buhay Pa Ako

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 06:07:04 AM »
 Wow, I just found it, accidently. I was gonna stop the tourney, so I stopped the clock. It just so happened that the clock stopped on the player ranking page. Then, I "accidently" right clicked the mouse and there it was, "Rebuy player". Whew, that's a relief. Sorry to be such a pain. I was just looking in the wrong place.

Still can't get it to stop scrolling the menu's that I don't want. I clicked on "don't scroll" tables menu and then the tables menu comes up. When I right click again, the option is shows is "Scroll Tables Menu", and that's while I'm already on the tables menu page. I wouldn't mind it scrolling those except that then we can't see the current blinds. Once we missed one and was looking to see, but it was on the wrong page.

Thanks,

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 09:04:38 AM »
Still can't get it to stop scrolling the menu's that I don't want. I clicked on "don't scroll" tables menu and then the tables menu comes up. When I right click again, the option is shows is "Scroll Tables Menu", and that's while I'm already on the tables menu page. I wouldn't mind it scrolling those except that then we can't see the current blinds. Once we missed one and was looking to see, but it was on the wrong page.

Thanks,

If you're talking about what I think you are, you're looking for an option under the "Layout" tab called "Screen Sets."  This option sets the automatic changing of the screen from window to another.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 10:21:56 AM »
First, the "new version available" alert will continue to show up as long as a) there is a new version available, and b) you haven't told it to stop alerting you.  Version 2.1 was released last Friday, but it was quickly followed up with 2.1.1 on Saturday, and then a 2.1.2 on Monday.  So, if you don't have version 2.1.2 installed, you don't have the latest version.  You can see what version you have by viewing the "About" dialog.  Press the "About" button on the Game tab, or right-click anywhere and select "About The Tournament Director".

Second, I think Tim understood your confusion better than I did.  The "Don't Scroll Seating Chart" option is meant to stop the Seating Chart page from automatically _scrolling_ up and down to reveal all of the tables, if you have enough that they don't fit on the screen.  I think, as Tim said, you're trying to make the screens stop switching from the Tournament page to the Seating Chart page, etc.  There is a question in the FAQ addressing this: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq21

Rebuys and Add-ons are traditionally done via a Hotkey.  By default, the V key is used to rebuy players and the B key is used to add-on players.  Pressing one of those keys will bring up a dialog box and allow you to select players to rebuy or add-on.  You can also add a button to the Tournament page to accomplish this (via the <tdbutton> token).  You can also right-click on a player's name (on the Tournament, Player Rankings, or Seating Chart page) to get options for that specific player, including buying-in, busting out, rebuying, adding-on, and undoing any of those.

Buhay Pa Ako

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 11:26:00 AM »
  Tim and Corey,
 Thanks so much for the help. Obviously I am new to this software. I just installed it for the first time a couple of weeks ago which I'm sure has added to my issues. I believe I downloaded the new version on Friday, but didn't download it again, until this morning. I believe I'm all set now. Thanks again to both of you.
 I have a game tomorrow night so I'll get to test drive it all again then.
   BD       :)