Author Topic: Open Face Chinese Poker  (Read 776 times)

Guzzler

• View Profile
Open Face Chinese Poker
« on: May 04, 2018, 06:04:07 PM »
G'day, Corey - me again!!

I have a very simple template for my layout - nothing fancy, just a plain white screen that shows only the basics.  Our group plays a lot of Open Face Chinese Poker, and I would like to show the "points' or "chips won" on the screen.  Basically, I would need a layout that stays exactly the same, with the exception of a screen in the bottom right corner that would "change" as the blinds increase.

For example, for Round 1 of the blinds, the screen would read...
1 - 5
2 - 10
3 - 15
4 - 20
19 - 95
20 - 100

Round 2 of the blinds would show
1 - 10
2 - 20
3 - 30
4 - 40
19 - 190
20 - 200

The numbers look simple in the early blinds, and could easily be done without this screen.  But, in the later blinds, players have difficulty figuring out 18 points at 125 chips per point, and this screen would save a lot of headaches.

Currently, I use the "Payouts", and after each blind, I manually change the payout to the correct one (I have each "Payout Template" saved).

I hope this makes some kind of sense to you!?!  And I hope there is a method in this wonderful program somewhere that could help me out.  Once again, I thank you in advance.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Open Face Chinese Poker
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2018, 05:24:07 PM »
I honestly have never heard of this game, so I definitely don't understand the blinds.  I just read a quick primer on it, but it didn't mention anything to do with rounds or blinds.  What exactly are you showing (is it actual blind bets?) and how does it change per level?

Guzzler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 06:47:29 PM »
Basically, here's what I'm asking for...

I need a screen that would show the following list during the first round of the "blinds"...
1 - 5
2 - 10
3 - 15
4 - 20
19 - 95
20 - 100

This list would then change every time the "blinds" go up.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:48:29 PM »
If the values change per round, but are always the same from tournament to tournament, you could use a set of layout tokens to accomplish this.  Not ideal, but I think it would work.

On the Layout tab, press the "Tokens" button in the "Other Controls" section.  This opens the Layout Tokens dialog.  Basically you can add your own tokens here, which, when inserted into the layout, will show whatever you want them to.

So, add a token named "roundone".  Set it to "Text" and also "Plain text".  For it's value, put the values for round 1.  For example:

1 - 5
2 - 10
3 - 15
4 - 20
19 - 95
20 - 100

Repeat, adding a new token named "roundtwo" with the values for round 2.  And so on.

In your layout, choose the cell where this will be displayed.  You should probably remove all existing Property Sets, but this will depend on your layout.  Create a new property set for the first round.  With the new property set selected, press the Conditions button and set the "Level" to "Round number:" "=" "1" and press OK.  Edit the "Contents" and set the HTML to:

<roundone>

Repeat, adding a new property set for round 2, using the <roundtwo> token.

Tedious to set up the first time, but it's a one-time setup.  Unless those values change, but then you just need to edit the values, not the setup.