Author Topic: V2.4 Muted Event Sounds  (Read 12643 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: V2.4 Muted Event Sounds
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »
You'd think I would have tested this, no?

Actually, I did of course test it, but now looking at it I see I broke it without realizing it after testing.  The <tdbutton> token had a "count" attribute added to it, to allow one to create buttons that buy-in, bust-out, etc, more than 1 person at a time.  The default is 1, so if count isn't specified, it will be 1.  The <tdbutton>s and hotkeys and context-menu items all ultimately call the same functions, and only the <tdbutton>s will specify a count.  The single-line of code to normalize the count (default it to 1 if not specified) was omitted only from the bust-players-out code.  So, pressing X to bust-out a player, or right-clicking and selecting "Bust Player Out" will bust a player out, but still mucks up the rank and position variables.

The good news is that there is a work-around.  But you'll have to do your busting-out by using a <tdbutton> placed in the layout, and not a hotkey or context menu.

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2007, 01:49:13 PM »
Okeey Dokeey,

???  <tdbutton> ?  You lost me there.  What is it?

How do I make the workaround solution work  . . .   in the Layout?

Please expand.  Sorry, I'm a bit slow in the programing end of ANY software. . . .

Thanks

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »
Basically, if you bust a player out by using a hotkey, or by right-clicking and selecting "Bust Player Out", this problem will be surface.  However, if you use a <tdbutton> to invoke a bust-out, it works properly.

<tdbutton> is a layout token that, when inserted into your layout, will make a button appear on the screen to do any number of actions that are usually accomplished either by a hotkey or by right-clicking and selecting from the context menu.  This makes it easy for people not so intimately familiar with the software to be able to do these things.  Like, say, allow your players, as they bust out of the tournament, to actually bust themselves out [within the TD software].

So, find a place in your layout where a button would look OK, edit the cell, and insert a token.  Select token "tdbutton", select type "bustout", and check the box next to "count" and enter the value "1".

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »
AaaaaHaaaaaaaa !!

COOL !  AN ON SCREEN BUTTON !!   Talk about a V-8 moment !  Well, actually I didn't know you can do that . . .   :D

I'll give that a shot.  I'm learning something new every day !!

Thanks Corey.

Jedi Master

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2007, 02:32:32 PM »
Corey,

I did the <tdbutton> trick.  IT WORKS !!

I'm working on the Ready-To-Go tournament with full sound effects.  I'll send it to you for review and comments when its done before I post it. Should be a couple of weeks or so.

Thanks for all your help.