Author Topic: New to TD - My First layout plus a problem?  (Read 2378 times)

gqgeneric

• View Profile
New to TD - My First layout plus a problem?
« on: December 18, 2009, 07:57:36 AM »
Hello, I wanted to share my screen and see what others think, I really like it.. lol..

Secondly, I have a sound for when the clock pauses, and for bust out. But, everytime I do a bust out it plays both sounds at the same time. I have it checked where it says to stop other sounds on bust out... what am I doing wrong?

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: New to TD - My First layout plus a problem?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »
presumably you have the td set to pause the clock when busting players out in the preferences tab.  The simplest answer is to uncheck this option and allow the clock to keep running when busting players out - Q. Do you really need the clock paused when busting players out anyway as this is simply slowing down the blinds and adding more time to levels.  I used to use murray walker famous and it's go go go! when the clock was unpaused but it did cause problems with overlapping sounds so for bigger games where I am non-playing TD  I use no sound and for smaller games where I am playing and TD I use the warning sound which is a single beep, this avoids multiple sounds being played at once.

Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

gqgeneric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:23:30 AM »
Yeah I think I will just not pause the clock for bust outs and re-buys. I am using the "What is your malfunction" byte form Full Metal Jacket when the clock is paused. It really gets annoying, but then again, it is really annoying to pause the clock in a tourney anyway.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 09:46:35 AM »
I'm a little bit confused as to how this is happening.  Typically the software won't allow more than one sound to play at the same time.  It's a fire-and-forget model where when a sound is to be played, it sends the sound off to Windows Media Player to play it.  Since the TD doesn't know anything in particular about that sound (like how long it will play), the "Stop other sounds" option you referred to simply tells all instances of WMP to stop playing any sound they may currently be playing.

So, is the bust-out sound playing, then the Balance Tables dialog opens and you press the "Pause Clock" button on that dialog?  If so, make sure the "Stop other sounds" option is checked on the Pause Clock event action.