Author Topic: Is there a way to set a variable starting chip amount?  (Read 3231 times)

Aluvial

• View Profile
Is there a way to set a variable starting chip amount?
« on: April 28, 2006, 05:03:14 PM »
I have a tournament coming up where the players will have a variable amount of chips when the tournament starts.  Is there a way to set up TD so that I can set these values, and set them to an individual player?

This is the season ender, we played for points all year, and based on your standings, that sets your starting value for chips!

Aluvial

GWPoker

• View Profile
Re: Is there a way to set a variable starting chip amount?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
I am seeking the same thing myself, our season 3 Championship is coming up.

Aluvial

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:22:03 PM »
I have tried a lot of things, but I can't seem to figure it out.  There should be a way to do this.  Not all tournaments start with the same number of chips.

Aluvial

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 10:10:00 PM »
You can do it manually at the Buy-in window.  There's a place for "Chips received."

And ya know . . . most tournaments do start with the same number of chips ;)  I would think that there's not many tournaments that do something like you are.

GWPoker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:24:02 PM »
Manually is what I ended up doing for ours.  In our case, we hold a Tournament of Champions every 3 months. Your accumulated point total equals your starting chips for the tournament.

Aluvial

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:20:51 PM »
You can do it manually at the Buy-in window.  There's a place for "Chips received."

And ya know . . . most tournaments do start with the same number of chips ;)  I would think that there's not many tournaments that do something like you are.
Good, I thought I looked there. 

Yeah, all of our tournaments have the same number of chips except the last one.  We allow players to pay extra into a kitty that will be used for the final tournament, a tournament of champions is what we call it. 

IF you pay the extra, you get points for that game.  Well, we had a few guys figure that if they did well in one or two tournaments, they didn't need to get points in a small tournament; so they didn't pay. 

I've changed the rule so that in the end game, your chips and starting seat will be based on your point standing.  We usually play with 1,500.  But in the final, the last player in points will get 1,000, and each seat above him will get 100 more than the next guy.  We are taking anyone who won a tournament (and paid the extra to the kitty) and the top 9 point players. 

I figure we will have 10 or 11 players at the end, and the bottom guy will have 1,000 in chips, the top guy 1,900 or 2,000.  The effects are immediate, now every point counts for something, and everyone is paying into the kitty at each tournament for the right to accumulate points.

Aluvial