Author Topic: Bounty questions  (Read 1335 times)

brunobus

• View Profile
Bounty questions
« on: January 16, 2008, 02:50:29 PM »
I'm running a tournament for a friend in a couple of weeks and have been playing around with bounties, but I can't seem to make it work the way that I want it to. 

Basically, it's a $60 buy-in tournament plus a $10 bounty fee.  It's a benefit event, so 1/2 of everything collected will be raked so I set it up with a $30 rake for the buy-in and $5 rake for the bounty fee.  The remaining $30 of the buy-in will go into the prize pool and the $5 left from the bounty fee will be going into what I would call the "bounty pool".

The benefit is for a kids baseball team and they are going to have some pro-sports celebrities there.  They want to make it so if a player knocks out one of the celebrities or one of the coaches, then they will get paid a bonus prize.  The bonus prize will be whatever the "bounty pool" is divided by the total # of celebs & coaches.  I tried messing around with fixed bounties, but then it pulls that money for the main prize pool and nothing gets pulled from the bounty pool.

Any suggestions?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bounty questions
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 03:23:49 PM »
I think you'll have to do this one somewhat manually.

I would forgo turning on the "Use player bounty chips" option altogether.  Just make the buy-in $70 and rake $35.  Create bounty prizes on each of the bounty players, and you'll just have to know to set each of those bounty prize amounts to "number of buy-ins * 5 / number of celebs & coaches".

brunobus

• View Profile
Re: Bounty questions
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 03:37:08 PM »
that's fine and that's what I figured, but is there maybe a way to set it as an automatic prize (in the xml) based on the total # of players.  I'll know how many bounties there will be ahead of time, but we won't have any idea how many players and I don't really want to have to remember to do that since I'm sure I'll be plenty busy.  My normal monthly tournaments almost run themselves anymore since people have been coming for 2 1/2 years and they just know what to do.  This one will be filled with a bunch of newbies.