Author Topic: Sliders for prizing  (Read 3368 times)

juicebox

• View Profile
Sliders for prizing
« on: August 21, 2006, 08:50:49 PM »
Just finished another tourney over the weekend and I have to say that TD kicks ass. Having used TD for a while now, I have some suggestions:

1. Sliders/arrows to configure prizing. I'd love to be able to use sliders or arrows to change prizing percentages or amounts. Also, I think it would be great if TD would tell me what a specific percentage would pay without having to close the text window and viewing it on the main screen. Ideally, I'd like access to sliders on the prizing screen with amounts that could be locked/unlocked and have the other prizes change accordingly. With this idea, you should be able to set the amount each click of the slider would be i.e. 5% or $20. I'd really love the ability of using sliders for cash amounts and percentages at the same time.

2. Ability to change/cancel a break. In our tourney on the weekend the final table (including myself) decided that we didn't want to skip the break and keep playing. The break had already started and I couldn't figure out a way to prematurely end it. Perhaps I'm missing something?

3. Status of player movement. While configuring my tourney I somehow forgot to check the auto-move players option. Is there a way to add something on the screen that indicates that this option is checked? I just set it and saved it into my default for future tournaments but I'd still like to it indicated on screen (or an actual button for it on the side of screen).

Other then these very small beefs, I have to say that TD is awesome! I'm figuring out with each and every tourney. Keep up the great work Coop!

Absinthe_gal

• View Profile
Re: Sliders for prizing
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:49:45 PM »
In reply to Point 2:

To skip a break, just right click on the game screen and select the option called something like "advance to next round".

$lick_ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 03:01:03 PM »
ctrl-n advances one round (skip breaks)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 03:36:51 PM »
- I honestly thought I had an "Apply" button on the Prize dialog.  Looks like I added it only to the Prize Rounding and Suggested Pot dialogs.  I'll add one to the Prize dialog.

I'm not sure I'm clear on your "slider" proposal. Are you suggesting that if I had several prizes, all based on percentages, and I moved the slider on one of the prizes to adjust the prize's percentage, that the other prizes would automatically adjust their respective percentages to keep the total percentage from going over/under 100?  Or do I just not get it?

- As noted, Ctrl+N and Ctrl+P go to the next/previous round.  Actually, they go to the next/previous *level* (which could be a round or a break) and should probably be renamed as such.  To round out the answers, you could also go to the Rounds tab, right-click on the appropriate level and select "Set as current level", or right-click on the Tournament page and select "Set clock", and set it to 1 and then restart the clock.

- The "Automatically suggest player movement" option is actually a preference, so it isn't tied to a tournament.  In other words, if you enable it, it will remain enabled regardless of whether or not you load or create a new tournament.  There is an icon that is (by default) displayed when your tables are out of balance.  It looks like a tilted table (sort of).  By default, it's in the upper-right hand corner.  If you see this icon and the software hasn't suggested player movement, you'll know the "Automatically suggest player movement" option is off.

juicebox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 04:52:31 PM »
Thanks for the tip regarding round advancement and the option for auto player movement.

As for the sliders, my proposal does incorporate the idea that increasing/decreasing the value of a prize will automatically alter the other prizes accordingly. This idea used with the ability to lock prizes would, as an example, allow you to set a locked value for first and then use the sliders to set the other prizes without manually typing in values. Just a thought.

juicebox

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2006, 11:03:46 PM »
I'm not sure I'm clear on your "slider" proposal. Are you suggesting that if I had several prizes, all based on percentages, and I moved the slider on one of the prizes to adjust the prize's percentage, that the other prizes would automatically adjust their respective percentages to keep the total percentage from going over/under 100?  Or do I just not get it?

Yes. The total percentage would remain at 100%.