Author Topic: H.O.R.S.E. Tournament Setup  (Read 1757 times)

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
H.O.R.S.E. Tournament Setup
« on: August 31, 2010, 11:59:37 AM »
I am trying to configure a layout (using the default layout) for a H.O.R.S.E. tournament. I have found no game name for Razz, and there isn't one for 5 Card Draw, which is my "E." game (I am not using 7 stud eights or better). Is there a way to display what the next game is as well as the current game being played if either one is Razz or 5 Card Draw? If I have to custom-make each level, I will have plenty of time to do that, as this tournament is a couple months away.

Also, is there a way to include the games on the blinds schedule page as well? I know it can be done using the standard game type and game name columns, but can it be custom-configured to put whatever game I want to in there such as Razz and 5 Card?

I'm sure there is a way to do this, but I haven't fiddled with anything new in 6 months, as my new job has me working weekends (which is about to change). I know someone out there has had to have played a HORSE tournament and has a way to make it work. Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 12:10:23 PM by FourAcesPoker »
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
Re: H.O.R.S.E. Tournament Setup
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:37:52 PM »
Hi there,

just had a look, most of the game names are included in standard view on the blinds schedule screen.

If you change the blinds schedule to spreadsheet view under the BLINDS > VIEW > SPREADSHEET you can enter any game name you want for each round.  I'm not sure if it was a ten hands per game event how you would configure that but if you are having it by times you won't have a problem.

The game name is what the current round is so changing the round to RAZZ etc will reflect this onthe gaming window.

Best Regards
Stuart
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »
Actually, it doesn't have to be in spreadsheet mode.  The Game Name input allows for you to type in whatever you want.  It looks like a drop-down list (and works like one), but also allows you to enter your own values.

FourAcesPoker

• Big Slick "The Hitman"
    • View Profile
    • Four Aces Poker
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:08:52 AM »
Thanks for the replies! I happened to stumble across it before I could come back and check the forum! Just like Corey said! Thanks again!
Big Slick "The Hitman"
Certified Tournament Director
Tournament Directors Association
Four Aces Poker
"Can you beat Four Aces?"