Author Topic: Quick Question  (Read 3029 times)

violator

• View Profile
Quick Question
« on: March 20, 2007, 02:58:01 PM »
I'm sure that I am just missing something.
I have set up my layout using multiple screens, one for each round, your pointers in an earlier topics worked great. But, at the end of my game, it diplays the round in which the game ended not the player rankings page which I defined in sreens sets...... what am I doing incorrectly?
Thanks in advance

Vio

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »
If you've created a screen set with only the Player Rankings screen in it, and set the conditions of that screen set to display after the tournament is over, but are still seeing a different screen, then what is most likely happening is a screen set listed earlier in the list is matching conditions and being selected.  The *first* screen set that matches the conditions will be the set used.  So, move your "after tournament" screen set up in the list.

violator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »
The only one in my screen set that i think could be doing this is the "default". Outside of that, I literally only have the rounds and breaks in the screen set, thats it. I have created a screen set called end of game, and conditioned it to activate at the end of the tourney, but nothing happens. The "Default" is the only one that could be causing the issue, but there are no conditions set for it. I will keep playing with it! Thanks for the help!!!!

Vio

violator

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:53:12 AM »
Well, I am not sure which one it was, but i moved the screen set called "end of game" to the top under the default, and it worked. I must have one of my rounds or breaks conflicting with the "end of game". But it works now, Thanks for the help!!

Vio

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 10:11:38 AM »
That's it, that's what I was trying to describe.  When the TD is checking which screen set should be used, it runs from top-to-bottom, checking the conditions of each screen set.  It omits the "default" screen set, because it will be used if no screen sets match the current tournament conditions.

I imagine in your case, your "rounds" screen set was being selected because even after the tournament is over, the round number is still whatever round number it was when the tournament ended.  So when the TD runs "down" through the list, the "rounds" screen set still matches the current conditions and it is therefore displayed.  The "end of game" screen set's conditions are never even checked because a matching screen set was found before ever reaching it.