Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 1604 times)

cozy12

• View Profile
New Computer
« on: May 13, 2007, 04:29:39 PM »
Ok,
So our poker league decided to upgrade the laptop we us TD on.  I downloaded the latest program, copy over my files from my saved folder to the new computer loaded up the season and league into it and when I go to stats and do a filter of the events, only the one from last night is showing up and not my over 20+ tournaments, anyone know why?  I did put a start date of 1/1/06 and a end date of today so that should cover all of the saved tournaments I have on file.

Thanks,
Steve

CanopicJar

• View Profile
    • The Back Door Holdem blog
Re: New Computer
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 07:48:29 PM »
Did you look in the 'saves' folder to see if all the tournaments you are looking for are in there?

Travis

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New Computer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
The best thing you can do when you move the software to a new computer is follow the directions in the user manual for backing up your database (and saved tournaments, templates, and preferences) and restoring the backup on your new computer.  This will ensure that you have the same players in your new database.  Recreating the players by hand in your new installation will not create the same players (even if you use the same names).

On your new system, load one of your tournaments saved on the old system.  Go to the Players tab.  Do the player names appear in italics?  If so, they are not in your new database, and therefore they won't show up in Stats.