Author Topic: Newbie, trying to set up correctly  (Read 1583 times)

BigPhillyEd

• View Profile
Newbie, trying to set up correctly
« on: January 08, 2007, 10:43:44 AM »
Newbie to this new version.

I run a few leagues, and some nice size tourneys. I have pretty much most of the basics set-up. But I am running into a few problems, and I had a few questions also. I was hoping maybe some of you guys could help me out!

First of all what is the difference between score and points. I have a nice size cash league going, and it lists a score and the points ?

Now here is my formula for my points, but it isn't working correctly.

+if(r=1,7,0)
+if(r=2,5,0)
+if(r=3,3,0)
+if(r=4,2,0)
+if(r=5,1,0)

How I run it is, you get 1 point for your buy in, then 7 points for first, 5 for 2nd, 3 for 3rd, 2 for 4th and 1 for 5th plus your one point for the buy in. But the program is giving out two many points for the winners. So I am assuming I have the formula wrong. If someone could help me with that part I would appreciate it.

Another question is, What are the tokens, and what do they do for you?

Thanks for the help, I am sure I will have a few more later.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie, trying to set up correctly
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 12:30:55 PM »
Score is a statistical value calculated for each player on the Stats tab.  From the user guide:

Ranking Method: Select how the filter will calculate each player’s Score.  Two methods are available:

Logarithm Method: This method averages a player's relative rank across all played tournaments, with a strong advantage for larger tournaments.

Percentile Method: This method averages a player's relative rank across all played tournaments, with only a slightly higher advantage for larger tournaments.

There is another topic around here where I explained how the values are calculated.  A future version of the software will allow you to create your own scoring formula.

Points are accumulated in a tournament based on a player's actions in the tournament.  They can be awarded simply by participating in the tournament, for busting other players out, for rebuying or adding-on, for placing in the money, etc, etc, etc.  The Stats tab will also total a player's points over a set of tournaments.

Whereas the score and points are directly related to the actual tournament, "tokens" are really only important to the Tournament Director application.  The software allows you to design the main screen(s) that you and your players will see.  "Tokens" are used to place information on those screens.  Stuff like the clock, the current round, the current blinds, the blinds for the next round, and a lot more.