Author Topic: TD with IE9 Beta  (Read 3105 times)

destadula

• View Profile
    • Da-Man Poker Club
TD with IE9 Beta
« on: September 24, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »
Just want to look at IE9 (Microsoft's new browser) and use it with TD.

What I found is that using IE9 is not quite compatible at this point.

I am using the following

Windows 7 Ultimate
IE 9

What I found is that everything loads up quickly and runs just fine, but for some reason the screen just keeps blinking. I compare it to a refresh that happens every 3-5 seconds.

Like I said I wanted to see if it would work and I have decided to remove 9 and go back to 8. I must say though on a personal note I like IE9 a ton more than any other browser I have used. It has some very nice slick programming in it that makes it faster as well as uses less resources. Microsoft did their homework on this one.

Desta Dula
Man Poker Club
http://www.manpokerclub.com
Certified Tournament Directors Association

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: TD with IE9 Beta
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 12:09:29 PM »
Great to know... Hopefully Corey can figure out the programming issues to make it compatible with IE9 in the future... I've hated IE for the amount of resources it used, as well as security issues... Glad to hear one vote up for it :)
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Early reports of IE9 have been good, so I'm fairly hopeful.  But as with any beta software, there are bugs and compatibility issues.  For both IE7 and IE8, the TD did not work properly before the first release candidates.  I don't expect any different with IE9.  We'll just have to see how it plays out.

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 10:14:52 AM »
My computer just did an automatic update and down loaded IE 9 and i am experiencing the same problems that occur, as described in previous posts on this thread. Going to take it off, if i can

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 10:26:37 AM »
My computer just did an automatic update and down loaded IE 9 and i am experiencing the same problems that occur, as described in previous posts on this thread. Going to take it off, if i can

Just removed IE 9 and the problem has gone

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:29:55 AM »
There are about 4 issues I've encountered with IE9 so far, and all fixed already for the next beta.

- Background images flash
- In some places, $0.00 will display as {1}.00
- Errors don't always trigger the error dialog
- 2.5.11 won't start on IE9 (I discovered this is actually only the development version; the release version works fine; still not sure why)

All-in-all not all very bad for a new IE.

destadula

• View Profile
    • Da-Man Poker Club
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 11:08:20 AM »
Here is an update to my previous original post.

I just ran a tournament of 167 players and just wanted to see what IE 9 (release version) would do versus the beta.

What I have found is that the screen will still blink and then once the first event goes off it will cease with the blinking. Thats the good news, the bad is that then I got exception errors in the script and it asked me if I wanted to debug them and I just click no, but every time there was an event firing I would have this pop up on the screen.

When the script errors appeared it did take away from the program a little, but all and all we got through it and the software did its job.

The debugging script error is the same as in one of my previous posts and seems to be a combo thing with IE9 and Windows 7 Ultimate (my opinion).

Anyone else experience the same debugging script errors with IE9 and windows 7 (any version)

I love this program and at least 6 people that come to our tournaments have purchase the program just based on what they see and experience at our tournaments and how simple everything runs with TD.
Desta Dula
Man Poker Club
http://www.manpokerclub.com
Certified Tournament Directors Association

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 11:50:31 PM »
What I have found is that the screen will still blink and then once the first event goes off it will cease with the blinking. Thats the good news, the bad is that then I got exception errors in the script and it asked me if I wanted to debug them and I just click no, but every time there was an event firing I would have this pop up on the screen.

When the script errors appeared it did take away from the program a little, but all and all we got through it and the software did its job.

The debugging script error is the same as in one of my previous posts and seems to be a combo thing with IE9 and Windows 7 Ultimate (my opinion).

Can you be more specific?  What error are you seeing?  Can you point to the past thread where you elaborated on this?  Or did you happen to take a screenshot?

I haven't seen any real errors yet running under IE9.