Author Topic: Font color wont change  (Read 6192 times)

brianb10

• View Profile
Re: Font color wont change
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »
Question - do you want all the text to be black, or just the title?

I'm actually trying to make the text white.  Black does not show very well on the red background.

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 10:32:52 AM »
Brian, I think you're editing the wrong screen.  The screen displayed on the Game window doesn't really look much like the one you're editing.  Notice, for starters, most of the cells on the layout tab are green and yellow, but nothing on the Game window is green and yellow (of course, with a background image the cell background colors and borders would be turned off, but the yellow text color should show).  Also, just looking at the left side of the Game window, it shows what are most likely cells for Rounds, Entries, Players, Rebuys, Add-ons, Chip Count, Average Stack, and Pot, but on the Layout tab we only see cells on the left side of the screen for Round and Logo.  Use the "Screen" select list at the top of the Layout tab to switch screens.  If you close the Settings window so the Game window is the only window displayed, and then press the Tab key, a small plaque will display the currently selected Screen Set and Screen.  You can also use the keys 1 through 9 to select a particular screen and "lock" it so the Game window won't switch automatically to another screen (you can use Ctrl+L to lock/unlock the screen, too, but pressing a number key switches to a screen and locks it automatically).

I only have one screen listed under that screen select option and that is "Main"  If I hit TAB on the game screen I only have 1 screen as well.

The reason you only see Round and Logo on the settings screen is because I combined all the other elements into the one cell.  I liked them grouped together rather than all individual cells.  It let me eliminate the spaces this way and align the logos horizontally.  Probably not the most efficent way to do it but I am not an HTML expert :)

The fact that the text is yellow on the settings screen and black on the game screen is exactly what has me perplexed. 

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 10:47:29 AM »

I'm actually trying to make the text white.  Black does not show very well on the red background.
Whoops... Meant to say white - all the text on the screen, or just the title?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 11:46:11 AM »
Attach the layout.  That should help clear it up.  :)

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 11:47:56 AM »

Whoops... Meant to say white - all the text on the screen, or just the title?

Yep all the text white.
Hopefully you'll be able to tell me what I am doing wrong so that if some of it looks better black I can change it back :)

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 11:48:39 AM »
Attach the layout.  That should help clear it up.  :)

Here you go...

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 01:09:29 PM »
Within some of the cells, some of them had "even rounds" and "default", while others just had "default". Ones that had even rounds I noticed you already changed to white for text, so I changed the rest of them. Only cell I didn't change was the buttons - white on grey won't turn up, so I left it as black. Here's the layout back :)
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 01:25:22 PM »
Within some of the cells, some of them had "even rounds" and "default", while others just had "default". Ones that had even rounds I noticed you already changed to white for text, so I changed the rest of them. Only cell I didn't change was the buttons - white on grey won't turn up, so I left it as black. Here's the layout back :)

Thanks but when I load it, everything looks the same as before.  I see the changes you made in the settings screen but again that does not reflect what shows on the tournament screen.  See pics below.  Notice the text is now white instead of green which I assume is the changes you made.

Could it be something with my computer?  I assume the text was white on your screen?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:39:36 PM »
yes - text is white on mine. Attached is how it looks on mine. I'm quite perplexed as to what else may be keeping you from getting the results that I have here ???

Note - Some differences will be present - just tailored to my league, as well as not having the background picture (but the pic itself shouldn't be the culprit.
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 02:44:29 PM »
I would say that something is odd about your PC.  The text is white and yellow on my end, as well.  Also, in your most recent screen shot, on the status message overlay (where it says "Tables are not balanced") all of the text is black (black text with black shadow), which is also wrong unless you've changed it.

You might consider reinstalling IE.

brianb10

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 07:17:34 PM »
I would say that something is odd about your PC.  The text is white and yellow on my end, as well.  Also, in your most recent screen shot, on the status message overlay (where it says "Tables are not balanced") all of the text is black (black text with black shadow), which is also wrong unless you've changed it.

You might consider reinstalling IE.

And we have a winner!!!

This did the trick.  I must have been missing something because now even web pages look a little different in IE than before.

Thanks Corey and everyone else for working through this with me.  It is much appreciated and makes me even happier that I took the plunge on TD.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
I think I can say this for Corey in addition to myself when I say that we're glad to have been able to help :)
---

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
Definitely.  I'm glad we were able to resolve it.