Author Topic: Bounties  (Read 1779 times)

theHammer

• View Profile
Bounties
« on: October 14, 2006, 03:48:22 PM »
I held a tourney last night using Bounties (as I have all year) but this was the first time I used the suggestion of buying in players without checking off "paid in full" so as to seat them early.

Perhaps one thing has nothing to do with the other, but for some reason, the software did NOT pickup on the Bounties.  I purchased a bounty, kept it, but it went unrecorded as a "Bounty Kept".  My personal stats shows me as purchasing 2 bounties prior to this event, and currently still shows only having purchased 2 bounties this year.

???  What did I suddenly do wrong / different?

theHammer

• View Profile
Re: Bounties
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:21:54 PM »
The way I bought folks in had nothing to do with it.

My problem was not checking off the "Restrict Bounties" box.  I had evidently done that on the previous tourneys, and didn't realize it.  FYI - I still find the naming of that box a bit confusing, considering its function, but that's neither here nor there...

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:54:55 AM »
Sorry I didn't weigh in earlier, and glad you figured out what went wrong.  As for the "Restrict Bounties", got a suggestion?

theHammer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 01:21:48 PM »
Maybe "Bounties Optional" or "Restrict Bounties to Bounty Holders".  No biggie here... just that - the word "restrict" didn't translate in my mind when I was wanting to "allow" for Bounties.  Once I read up on the definition in the HELP guide, it made it more clear.