Author Topic: New Computer  (Read 1242 times)

acomire

• View Profile
New Computer
« on: November 06, 2010, 06:01:41 PM »
Hi Corey -

I'm licensed for TD 2.x and I am getting a new laptop.  My current laptop which has TD currently installed is a lease and is going back.  (Company machine)
Aside from doing a backup/restore from the database tab, is there a preferred method of moving TD to a new computer?  Also, I wanted to make sure that I would still be in license compliance in doing this.

Thanks
AJC

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: New Computer
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 07:15:43 PM »
ajc, the best way to do it would be to download it onto the other computer. As long as you're not running both computers at the same time for actual tournament use, you should be fine. I say that due to some people test layouts, settings, etc on one machine while run the actual tournament. If you're looking to convert over to another computer, still download it on the other computer, enter your key, and from there, it's as simple as transferring the files over to the other computer. 

Now I may be wrong on a point or two, but from my understanding of other posts, I believe that what I said would be true.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 10:11:19 AM »
  • Download and install on the new PC
  • Use the Backup and Restore features to move your data: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/faq.html#faq31
  • Remove the license on the old PC: on the Game tab of the Settings window, press the Register button, then press the Remove License button
  • Register the software on the new PC

acomire

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 10:14:53 PM »
Thank you both for your replies!