Author Topic: Strange Message Behavior  (Read 4883 times)

efdenny

• View Profile
Strange Message Behavior
« on: August 15, 2015, 10:18:53 AM »
On Windows 10, using the beta build, my messages are acting strangely.  I fire an event when someone is knocked out that display a message that says "<Player> knocked out by <Hitman> and earns <points> points and <TotalWinnings>."  On Windows 7, using the beta, the messages behaved as expected.  Since upgrading to Windows 10, the message displays for one second off-center, then changes to be a column in the center of the screen.  I've tried changing the message properties to use smaller fonts, different positions, etc, to no avail.  I've sent a backup to you, Corey, if you could take a look.  Sorry, I was unable to get a screen shot, but if you load the 20150918 tournament, you should be able recreate the issue by starting the tournament and busting someone out on the tournament screen.

TIA
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:58:06 AM by efdenny »

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Strange Message Behavior
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »
I reproduced it with your help.  Thanks.  I will look into this as soon as I return.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 07:43:45 PM »
Hey Corey, just curious if you found anything out about this?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:05:46 PM »
Unfortunately I haven't had any time to investigate it yet.  All of my TD time lately has been spent on the memory leak.  Since the leak has been there for some time (since at least version 3.1), I may have to abandon it soon if I can't make any better progress...

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 07:31:14 PM »
Hi Corey, just wanted to check in on this... have you been able to find a fix, or a workaround for this issue?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2016, 02:58:38 PM »
Sadly no, and frankly I'm rather embarrassed at how long this has taken.  But I did finally finish the last "big" item for the next beta.  So I'm left with a number of smaller items, like this one, to dig into so it can finally be finished.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 06:49:36 PM »
No worries, thanks for all of your efforts!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
Fixed.  Turns out this was unrelated to Windows 10 (or IE 11).  The Location control (the one where you select on which part of the screen you wish to display the message - top left, top center, top right, etc) was not updating when you switch between property sets.  So, for example, if you set your first property set to top-right, then move to the next property set, the selection will stay on the top-right.  If you then move to the next property set, the last property set will now have its location set to top-right.  It's all the more confusing because when you open the dialog, it will default to "center", even though it's now set to top-right.

Thanks for your patience!  Version 3.4.b2 will be out very soon.

efdenny

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 06:29:45 PM »
Awesome news!!!  Looking forward to seeing b2... thanks again Corey!