Author Topic: Events  (Read 1530 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Events
« on: September 07, 2012, 01:05:07 PM »
Corey, how many events can I program before I notice a difference in performance (a delay i firing events)?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Re: Events
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
And, can I set conditions for an event for a chip-up and non chip-up break without using breakNum=XX ?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 08:36:57 PM »
Corey, how many events can I program before I notice a difference in performance (a delay i firing events)?

I honestly don't know.  I've never run a performance test with a lot of events to determine the tipping point.  Just a guess off the top of my head, I would say the number would at least be in the hundreds if not more.

But the real truth is that there are a lot of factors that would determine this.  Things like horsepower of your CPU, amount of memory, other installed/running programs, complexity of the event conditions, actions that are performed (less likely to have an effect but not completely out of the question).  Not to mention the fact that the TD is completely at the mercy of Internet Explorer.  Even getting events to fire at the right time is a challenge for the software.  Sometimes events are missed because IE takes longer during one interval to render the screen (or do something else ... whatever IE does).  IE is the host, and so it is constantly allowing the TD to do its thing, and then IE does its thing, back and forth.  If IE takes longer than one second to do its thing, and coincidentally an event should have been triggered at that second ... too bad, the TD would never have noticed (although I think now that I'm going over this mentally I might be able to fix that...)

How many events do you have?

And, can I set conditions for an event for a chip-up and non chip-up break without using breakNum=XX ?

Hmmm... don't think so.  I'll have to add some variables, like isChipUp and nextIsChipUp.

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:23:25 PM »
I only have about 40 or 50 events programmed. It is the sounds template I posted here not long ago. I programmed a voice for each different level for all our rounds structures. There aren't many but curiosity got me and I was wondering.