Author Topic: my load button stopped working  (Read 67222 times)

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: my load button stopped working
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 11:41:34 AM »
thank god this thread is here. got people showing up very soon and couldnt get the load or save as working i could go into data and load manually but not save.

unistalled ie10 and its working again

Good to know that even though I haven't figured this one out yet, at least the discussion is helping!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 11:45:51 AM »
OK a small update...

I had some time today, so I thought I would try downloading IE10 again.  One thing that I noticed was that at the start of the download I was asked if I would like to download a version that included "Enhanced for AOL".  This had me thinking that perhaps this might be where the problem might reside.  I proceeded to download the enhanced version (which was the version that I had downloaded previously) just to see what happened.  As I expected, the result was the same as the last time, as I was again unable to use the "Load" or "Save" or "Save As..." buttons.  So, I went back and downdated to IE9, but this time I updated to IE10 without the enhancements, hoping that this time it would work.  Well, I'm afraid that the results were the same as with the AOL enhancements, so I'm guessing that the problem was not limited to those enhancements as I had hoped, but rather that there is a broader issue at hand here.

Thank you for the update, Scotty.  This is exactly the kind of thing I would be searching for.  It's a shame it didn't turn out to be the culprit, but I certainly appreciate the effort.

As a side note, the other thing that I had noticed is that my receipts were rendered differently when I used IE10.  I'm guessing that during the update the source file now reads the code differently (I have a couple of cells that use rotated text); perhaps the code that I used is now outdated under IE10, and I would need to figure out how to change it so that it will render the way I want it to (I know that TD is not responsible for any of this; I just thought that it might be useful to mention it just as a heads-up to others who might be interested in this.).

Hmm, it could be that IE10 is rendering the content differently.  This would certainly be true in past IE updates (as well as with other browsers).  But it shouldn't be the case, because IE now operates in different modes, allowing a more complete backwards-compatibility.  So even though the browser was updated to version 10, it should still be rendering the content as if were IE7 or IE8.  I hope you were able to work around this with just a small tweak to your receipt template.

Joe Weber

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 06:40:25 PM »
Corey,

Recently purchased the software and then upgrade to 3.2.1.  Load button worked a few times and now has stopped.  Read this tread and didn't see that this issue has been completely resolved, unless I missed something.

Please help.

Thanks.

Joe

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2013, 09:45:35 PM »
Hi Joe, I responded to the email you sent to me regarding this.  Unfortunately, there's no solution at the moment.  It's still affecting only a handful of people and unfortunately I am not one of those people, so I have no been able to debug the problem.  As I mentioned, uninstalling IE10 has fixed it for some people.  Your mileage may vary.

jjschoon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 12:31:17 PM »
Cory, with this new update, every thing works again for me!!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 02:34:15 PM »
Glad it's working for you.  Wish we knew why.  :)

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2013, 03:39:50 PM »
Hi Joe, I responded to the email you sent to me regarding this.  Unfortunately, there's no solution at the moment.  It's still affecting only a handful of people and unfortunately I am not one of those people, so I have no been able to debug the problem.  As I mentioned, uninstalling IE10 has fixed it for some people.  Your mileage may vary.

Please add me to the list of affected users.  I, too, have recently had IE10 installed...but I will downgrading to IE9 shortly. Thanks.

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »

Please add me to the list of affected users.  I, too, have recently had IE10 installed...but I will downgrading to IE9 shortly. Thanks.

Hi, the "load" button issue has been resolved by downgrading back to IE9.

...I have noticed, however, that with this new version of TD, some of the buttons and/or "Titles" of fields appear as "comments" (ie: "!!sometext.profile.sometext!!). --- Is this by design?  Or, is there a bug or corruption somewhere?

If you require a screen shot, please let me know. (You should issue be outlined in a separate thread?)

Thanks,
Al

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2013, 10:27:08 PM »
Hi, the "load" button issue has been resolved by downgrading back to IE9.

Thanks for the update.  It's good to know when this fixes it.  So far it fixes the issue for the majority of affected users.

...I have noticed, however, that with this new version of TD, some of the buttons and/or "Titles" of fields appear as "comments" (ie: "!!sometext.profile.sometext!!). --- Is this by design?  Or, is there a bug or corruption somewhere?

It sounds like one or more language files are missing or corrupt.  Download and install the software again and see if the problem is resolved.

Kerry George DeVore

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2013, 12:22:51 AM »
Running latest version of TD and load/save/etc buttons stopped working. Saw the post and went back to IE9. Problem went away. Add me to your list Corey

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2013, 02:43:16 PM »

It sounds like one or more language files are missing or corrupt.  Download and install the software again and see if the problem is resolved.

Hi Corey,

Thank you for the suggestion above.  Downloading and re-installing the software resolved almost all of the "comments" issues noted above.  What remains is...

On the "Game" tab > on the right-side pane >  for all three sections (Buy-ins, Rebuys, Add-ons) > the banner of the box/fields appear as follows:

Profile: <i>!!General.Profile.Master!!</i> (Default)

Do you have any additional suggestions to help resolve this issue?

Thanking you in advance,
Al

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2013, 03:27:08 PM »
It's in the same set of language files.  I can't imagine how re-installing the software would correct some of the missing language strings but not all of them.  Have you selected a different language on the Preferences tab?

big_alv77

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2013, 10:16:31 PM »
It's in the same set of language files.  I can't imagine how re-installing the software would correct some of the missing language strings but not all of them.  Have you selected a different language on the Preferences tab?

Sorry, let me clarify... I meant re-installng IE9 but now that I think of it, I didn't have to re-install IE9 either. Once I downgraded from IE10, IE9 was automatically my default browser version. ...In TD v3.2.1 > Preferences > Language > my default language (and only option in the drop-down list) is "English, US".  Thanks.

I just used the "system Info" button on the Preferenes tab and noticed that Browser Language = "en-US" while User Language = "en-CA". --- Would this make any difference to the behaviour of TD?  Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 10:22:21 PM by big_alv77 »

Scotty K

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »
OK, I have an update:

Well, Corey, add my name to the list...

Yesterday, with some time on my hands, I decided that I would try and download IE10 again, just to see if anything had changed.  Much to my surprise, TD now works properly using IE10; namely, the "Load", "Save", and "Save as..." buttons are all working.  Whether it was an update by you or IE, I don't know, but I thought I would just report that all is well.  Perhaps anyone of the handful of people who were having issues with IE10 in the past might wish to try updating again to see if it now works for you, too.

As a side note, the other thing that I had noticed is that my receipts were rendered differently when I used IE10.  I'm guessing that during the update the source file now reads the code differently (I have a couple of cells that use rotated text); perhaps the code that I used is now outdated under IE10, and I would need to figure out how to change it so that it will render the way I want it to.

I figured this one out, too.  I initially found that if I changed IE10 to "Compatibility Mode", my receipts would render correctly.  The only problem with this was that now some newer websites that I visited would be rendered incorrectly.  A better solution was to add a line of code to my receipts template, as you first suggested, Corey.

Here is the line that I added to the Head section of the template:  <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=EmulateIE9" >

I know that there might not be too many people having this problem, if any, but just thought that I would share, just in case.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 11:24:21 AM »
Thanks for the update, Scotty.