Author Topic: No auto player movement screen on break  (Read 1695 times)

beaker

• View Profile
No auto player movement screen on break
« on: January 02, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
Hi All,

I have created a screen set that includes only the "player movement screen" with the following associated conditions

(time - lastplayermovetime) < 45

Each time the Table Balancing suggestion is accepted the player movement screen is automatically displayed for 45 seconds which is great. However this process does not work if the tournament is on a scheduled "break". The bust out works and the table balancing action works fine but the player movement screen is not displayed.

Anyone know how I can get the auto player movement screen to work while on a break?

Thanks,
Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No auto player movement screen on break
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 10:26:50 AM »
Most likely has to do with the ordering of your Screen Sets versus their conditions.  Likely a different Screen Set is being chosen over the one containing the Player Movement screen because it is earlier in the list of Screen Sets.  You might try reordering.   Or post your layout and I'll take a look.

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:00:44 PM »
thanks Corey!

For the most part this worked. Out of 15 or 20 table balance suggestion tests that were triggered during a break period, the player movement screen failed to appear only twice. I'm still trying to determine root cause of those failures. On both failed scenarios it appears that the player movement did launch but failed to display properly - That probably doesn't make much sense. Here is a better description -

Failure 1 -
The player movement screen flashed quickly in the background when the player movement time condition (45 seconds) had been reached. (meaning that I actually saw the player movement screen very briefly while the screen sets were suppose to be changing).

Failure 2 -
This may be hard to believe, but the player movement screen does appear, the only problem is that it's a fraction of the expected size. Check out the attachment.... the little dot in the middle of the screen is not normally present - and I am sure it is the player movement screen. (PS. I do not have screen transitions enabled)

I will provide greater details once I've more thoroughly tested and gathered more detail
Thanks,
Brian

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 10:36:49 AM »
IE is a weird beast, and the fact is a lot of things go wrong and pop-up as errors in the TD that never should.  I get error reports all the time that are simply "Permission denied", which is IE saying you can't access this thing right now.  Or "XXX is null or not an object" or similar errors, where a property on an object just disappears.  None of these should happen, but they do.

Because of the nature of the screen transitions, I tightly wrapped it in error handling code, so that should anything go wrong during a transition, the error should be caught and the transition aborted.  In cases like these, the next screen should just appear instantly, like it does in previous versions, or like it does with transitions off.

The fact that you have transitions disabled seems strange, especially in light of the little blob in the middle of your screenshot.  However, looking at the code, all movement from one screen to another starts out as a transition and simply jumps directly to the end of the transition if Screen Transitions are disabled.  Furthermore, the transition setup code is less error checked.  So it could be that the next screen is being setup and an error occurs in the setup code that isn't necessarily caught.

I'll have to add some more error handling code around the setup of the transition.

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 11:06:58 AM »
Thanks Corey

BTW.... Also thanks to Jody (I know you read everything on here :)) for all your help in setting up live sports scores. The screen shot that I attached earlier in this thread is the final result; I'm pretty bad with layouts / photoshop, etc. But I think that it turned out pretty good!

Beaker

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 08:17:09 PM »
I think it looks pretty nice.

By the way, are you seeing any actual errors?  I mean, it sounds like what is happening could be an error that isn't causing the "error dialog" to pop-up (in this case).  But is it the error dialog popping up for anything else?

beaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 08:25:49 AM »
Hi Corey,

I haven't noticed any error message since upgrading to V3. I have a tournament planned for Jan 21st so I'm hoping to find the time to do some detailed testing before then. I'll let you know if I observe anything interesting.

Thanks,
Beaker