Author Topic: License Expired or just plain gone??  (Read 1254 times)

shushs

• View Profile
License Expired or just plain gone??
« on: January 13, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »
Ok, I am not sure what I did, but I know I did something.

I am trying to see my save files, and from within the TD2 software, I can. From Explorer (File, not Internet) I cannot. From the command line, I cannot. Same user, same directory. So, what I did was turn off UAC and reboot. I then tried, albeit unsuccessfully, to change the permissions of the directory and files, removing the partial read only, only to find them reset. /me scratches his head about that part anyway.

So, I go to launch the software after the reboot, and I get the 'this is evaluation software, you have 30 days to register' notice. Like I said, I am sure that this is something that I have done, but have no way to find out what I did wrong.

I have purchased and run this software for years. I absolutely love it.  Can anyone help a Unix guy fix his Vista machine????

Thanks in Advance!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: License Expired or just plain gone??
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 11:21:42 AM »
Probably has to do with the "Virtual Store" functionality of UAC.  TD thinks it stored your license key in location X in the registry, but Vista redirected it to location Y.  Not really a problem, because Vista always redirects the TD to location Y when it looks in location X.  Now that you've turned off UAC, the TD is probably actually allowed to look in location X.  But your license isn't there, so it defaults to evaluation mode (which is probably expired by now).  Just re-enter your license information and it should work again.  Email support@thetournamentdirector.net if you can't find it.

shushs

• View Profile
Re: License Expired or just plain gone??
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2009, 03:50:08 PM »
Okay. So, I found and re-entered my license key. All is good... kind of.

What I am trying to truly solve is the issue of exporting results and not being able to 'see' the file with explorer unless i put it in \tmp.

Thanks for the help!