Author Topic: Information cell  (Read 3319 times)

Mahound

• THE ONLY time i get screwed is when i play poker!
    • View Profile
Information cell
« on: February 09, 2012, 03:56:16 PM »
I have a cell which runs across the top of the Main screen. This cell is to display information about up coming games.

So i have put a <marquee> at the front of the text. There are several bits of information that i want to display. How can i create a space between the items that i want to display.

i

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Information cell
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 04:08:21 PM »
Have you tried to use <br> within the marquee?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 04:10:29 PM »
<span style="width: 50px"></span>

Of course, change "50" to the amount of space you want.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
<span style="width: 50px"></span>

Of course, change "50" to the amount of space you want.

Worked a treat Corey
Yes I had tried the <br> but for this it wasn't what i needed this time . Wanted to keep all the text on one line.

thanks both

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:59:55 PM »
have 3 property sets on 1 cell
odd  (the conditions are) round =  odd
even  (the conditions are) round =  even
and these work just great. I have tried the following on the breaks set
but cant figure out the conditions for the break.
I have tried
 break = any
but this didn't work, any idea why? or what i did wrong i copied this from the default TLO
Have attached a screenshot of the condition i set on the breaks
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:12:30 PM by Mahound »

caeles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 09:49:46 AM »
Hey Mahound,

I have might have stumbled on the same difficulty with my layout (to be found here: http://www.thetournamentdirector.net/forums/index.php?topic=3331.0).

Corey told me to do the following, it might also work for you:
Code: [Select]
In those two cells, move the "Breaks" Property Set to the first spot in the list.  Also, in the Conditions, you've got "Break number:" selected, but no operator.  Select the "=" operator.  The software will fill in the value automatically once you close the dialog (it should be "any").
So it could be that you haven't put the condition-set, called 'break', in the top of your list. He hasn't explained it in my topic, but I gather it has something to do with an inner hierarchy, where condition-set#1 goes first. If none of the conditions match it will move to #2 and so forth.

Hopefully this is the answer to your problems!

Regards

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 10:16:48 AM »
So it could be that you haven't put the condition-set, called 'break', in the top of your list. He hasn't explained it in my topic, but I gather it has something to do with an inner hierarchy, where condition-set#1 goes first. If none of the conditions match it will move to #2 and so forth.

That's correct.  This is actually explained in the user manual. :)

So the process is to compare the Property Set conditions with the current tournament conditions, starting at the top of the Property Set list and working down until a match is reached.  If none is found, we use the Default (which is at the bottom of the list, in 3.0 at least).  More than one Property Set may match the current tournament conditions, so once the first match is reached, we stop looking.

The reason for what you are seeing is that even during a break, the round number is still valid.  That is, if Break 1 is directly after Round 3, during Break 1 the Round Number is still 3.  Thus, when checking Round Number, those conditions would still match during that break.  However, when checking for Break Number, the code makes sure not only that the Break Number matches, but the tournament is currently in a break as well.  This is a legacy item, and I can't remember why it was not done the same way when comparing the Round Number, but I'm sure I had a reason, as I even commented the code as such (but omitted the reason in the comments; not good practice).

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2012, 04:08:51 PM »
So if i put the breaks at the top of the property sets in the cell it should work them?  and also disable the default property set.
Am i right in thinking if i omitted either the odds r even property set, that the default set would take its place?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 11:51:38 AM »
You can't delete the Default property set.  It's the "fallback" property set.  If there are no other property sets, or if no other property sets match the current conditions, the Default property set will be used.

You should always move your "more specific" property sets to a higher position.  For example, if you have a property set for round 2, and another property set for all other rounds, you should move the property set for round 2 above the property set for all rounds.  The reason is that the property set for all other rounds would likely specify the condition "round = any", and it will match any round (including round 2).  If it is before the property set for round 2, the matching will never reach the property set for round 2 because it will always match on "round = any".

So yes, move your "breaks" property set to the top of the list.

Am i right in thinking if i omitted either the odds r even property set, that the default set would take its place?

I believe so, yes.

Mahound

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 01:54:28 PM »
You can't delete the Default property set.  It's the "fallback" property set.  If there are no other property sets, or if no other property sets match the current conditions, the Default property set will be used.

You should always move your "more specific" property sets to a higher position.  For example, if you have a property set for round 2, and another property set for all other rounds, you should move the property set for round 2 above the property set for all rounds.  The reason is that the property set for all other rounds would likely specify the condition "round = any", and it will match any round (including round 2).  If it is before the property set for round 2, the matching will never reach the property set for round 2 because it will always match on "round = any".

So yes, move your "breaks" property set to the top of the list.

I believe so, yes.

Cheers, slowly getting there