Author Topic: Split Pot Knock Out...  (Read 2626 times)

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
Split Pot Knock Out...
« on: March 23, 2006, 06:36:50 PM »
We had a split pot (2 players) knock out a third player. No way to give .5 hit I guess. We gave credit to the player with the most chips before the deal. Guess it is kind of obscure. Has anyone else had that and how did they deal with it.

thanks
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson

TimDugan

• View Profile
    • The Oregon Poker Tour
Re: Split Pot Knock Out...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:17:19 PM »
You've done the same thing we've done in our group.  Granted, we don't use hits for points, but it's still a stat everyone loves to see ;)

lethargicdolt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 05:28:42 PM »
Yea, we keep stats for points and money for the year, but the hits stat went over very well. We are changing our format because of it. We used to put a bounty on one player (generally the person who won the previous tournament) but now we are going to give it the person with the most hits (split it for ties). We actually had a person come in fourth place and have 8 hits.....

Neat stat to keep track of...
If you really want something in this life you have to work for it. Now quiet, they're about to announce the numbers...
Homer Simpson

johnhend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 02:09:05 PM »
I had to do the same thing last night - what's the "rule" for that - anyone know?  I did what you did - gave credit to the person with the most chips at the start of the hand.  It was bizarre because we've been playing 4 years and never had it come up, then the FIRST time I use the TD for a tournament, it comes up!!!!

One person can knock out two people, but not vice-versa.  I didn't use the combo knock-out, because that doesn't accurately record the rankings.

britnt7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »
Because of the complexity to add this feature to TD, we just use the same thing, whoever has more chips gets the hit. I have heard some posts that give the hit to the person to the left of the dealer (which we use for an extra chip in the pot on a split pot). I think it is more fair to give the person with the most chips the hit.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:54:52 AM »
I am new to all this, but I was watching a big tournament on TV.
They down to the final table when 2 players were busted out at the same time,
and the one who had the most chips at the beginning of that hand was placed above the other
and took the prize money for that place.

Please note I am pretty new to poker, but that is what I saw. So thats how we work it.

macacan

http://www.chorleypokerleague.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/