Author Topic: Long hand  (Read 1667 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
Long hand
« on: November 06, 2012, 11:28:45 PM »
Everybody's input is welcomed here, including Corey.
When a hand takes too long other players may call time to force action. Larger tournaments usually start the breaks with the timer on pause until all hands have been completed to ensure all players get their break. When players enter a hand as the break starts and all players but 2 leave the table and take forever, what would you do?
After 6 years of being a Tournament Director I encountered this for the first time last week and started wondering how to take care of this issue. I thought about enforcing a time limit in which the clock stays on pause (example ; after 5 minutes the clock is resumed), but then I had to chuck out that thought because that very break in which this hand took forever was a color up break.
Suggestions on how to treat this rare situation???

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: Long hand
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:07:53 PM »
I would probably give a warning to the offending player(s) the first time, then kill the hand the second time if the same hand.... Otherwise, I would tell them that they have a 60 or 90 second clock for each action the rest of the hand to get the break in... That's my two ideas off hand
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!