Author Topic: Tourney name display  (Read 2471 times)

tandemrx

• View Profile
Tourney name display
« on: January 26, 2007, 10:36:07 AM »
I think this has been covered before,

But I think it would be nice to have the tournament file name displayed on the settings page (possibly above the tabs so it can be seen in all tabs).

I know that in non-full screen mode that it does show up, but I like to run my tourneys in full screen mode since there is a difference in how the layout displays between the 2 modes (when in non-full screen mode the file name display pushes some of the other layout elements off the page a little bit).

I am frequently tweaking various tourament layouts and I often forget which file I am currently in.  I know that I can hit the save-as file and see the path, but at least on the settings page it would be nice to just be able to look up and see the file name.  I wouldn't need it on the tournament pages, just the settings page.

Thanks (or thanks for directing me to a solution to this that i haven't run into yet).

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Tourney name display
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 02:57:04 PM »
The tournament filename is displayed in the title bar (when in window mode), and as a tooltip of the Save button (hover the mouse over the button and you'll see it).  When I made this addition, I decided on those two places for basic screen real-estate reasons.  If I can find a decent place to put it without disrupting everything else, I'll add it...

tandemrx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 03:18:09 PM »
I guess I didn't notice the tooltip over the the "save" button because it doesn't seem to show up all the time.

The only way I can make it show up is if I save the tourney once and the save button is then the "active" button, then when I hover it the path shows up.  But, if I go to another tab (say layout tab) and then return to the "game" tab, the hover doesn't show up.

Even if I right click the save button to make it "active", the hover still doesn't work.  If I go to another tab, I have to go back to the game tab, save the tourney, then the hover works.

having the path show up with that hover would be all I would need (although I guess I wouldn't mind if it was displayed somewhere on the settings page all the time - I don't usually use a lot of the "notes" field if that would make for more room (others may use it a lot though).

Let me know if there is something I can do to make the hover show up all the time.  Would that be a mouse setting of some sort?

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
Nope, that would be a bug.  I apparently don't set it upon returning to the Game tab.  I'll fix that.