Author Topic: TD won't start  (Read 1449 times)

mjdublah

• View Profile
TD won't start
« on: November 25, 2010, 07:28:43 AM »
I just installed TD on a new machine with Windows XPSP3 (it's a vm running within Parallels Desktop on a Mac).

Th problem is that when I click the icon (or run td.exe from the command-line) the program never starts. The process mshta.exe does shop up in the task manager (with about 6k of memory usage), but it never starts.

I've tried IE6, IE7, and IE8.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Matt

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Re: TD won't start
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 08:38:03 AM »
Possibly a faulty install - while rare for TD, it's happened a couple of times that I've heard of... I'd suggest uninstalling and reinstalling TD. Regardless of if you have a key or not, it's not going to mess with anything - worse case scenario you'd have to re-enter your key.
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

mjdublah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion. I've already tried uninstalling/re-installing TD multiple times. Still no go.

Thanks,
-Matt

TIMMER

• View Profile

mjdublah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 07:39:16 PM »
A native Mac version would be nice, but for now, I'd settle for being able to start TD within the vm.

Anyone have any suggestions? Are there any command-line parameters for debugging or switching on logging? Any way to troubleshoot why startup is failing?

Thanks,
-Matt

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »
Yes, there are a few command-line options, but nothing that's going to help this situation.  Uninstalling/re-installing the software won't help, either.  I suspect the problem is not the TD, but the VM.  I *would* target IE, but if you've tried 3 flavors already, I think that can be eliminated.  I have no experience whatsoever with Parallels, but I'm thinking it might not be quite up to the task.  Only suggestion I can think of is to try VMWare.