Author Topic: Status Messages  (Read 2192 times)

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
Status Messages
« on: January 21, 2011, 12:23:35 AM »
I'm wondering if it's possible right now to create a new status message to flash during the "pre-tourney" stage. I'd like it to flash like the "Clock Paused" or "Countdown in Progress" does. Ideally I would like to be able to create it in that menu, but as of right now I cannot add to it, unless I'm just missing it.

Corey, if it's not possible to do at the current time with it, and if it's not anything too demanding for implementation, would it be possible to allow us to be able to do this? I would imagine it would somewhat depend on the need, so I'll come out and ask what everyone else would think of the idea?
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Status Messages
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 02:19:03 PM »
Why not just use the "Display Message" button on the Controls tab?  Depending on what you're doing, you'd probably have to set a long duration for the message in order to leave it displayed during the pre-tournament phase, and you would have to manually clear it once the tournament started.  But it should work.

The only other practical thing I can think of right now would be a way to tell the TD to fire off a specific event.  That way you could create an Event on the Events tab that does what you want (displays a message, plays an audio file, whatever), and give it a trigger & conditions combination that could never happen (thus preventing the event from ever firing on its own).  If there was a right-click menu option on an Event to "Fire this event", you could then fire the event at will.

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:48 PM »
Why not just use the "Display Message" button on the Controls tab?  Depending on what you're doing, you'd probably have to set a long duration for the message in order to leave it displayed during the pre-tournament phase, and you would have to manually clear it once the tournament started.  But it should work.

Never thought of this!
The only other practical thing I can think of right now would be a way to tell the TD to fire off a specific event.  That way you could create an Event on the Events tab that does what you want (displays a message, plays an audio file, whatever), and give it a trigger & conditions combination that could never happen (thus preventing the event from ever firing on its own).  If there was a right-click menu option on an Event to "Fire this event", you could then fire the event at will.

Only issue would be setting up the conditions to show it prior to the tournament. I have it set to a hot key, for the time being, and set for 99999 seconds. At the moment, I have it set for the trigger "The clock is paused", but cannot get it to trigger on my own.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:36:02 PM by Magic_fubu »
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 03:51:28 PM »
Ok, the flashing part isn't as much of a concern - I looked up some help with the marquee tag, and am getting it set to my liking. Still cannot figure out for the life of me how to get it to auto fire on its own pre-tournament.  I do have it at the top of the event list, so that it should look at that first.
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »
A little confused but thats me. Why not set it to as ( the clock ticks ) for every 3 or 4 min, or longer every 10 min, closes to a random as you'll probably get , since its a Pre-tourney screen

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:45:42 PM »
Sorry if I confused you, Timmer. It's not a pre tourney screen but a pre tourney message I want to display prior to the tournament starting. I only want the one message to display during the pre tourney phase. Just not sure how I can get it to fire without using a hotkey for it.

Does this help clear it up some?
---

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
create a new event

Trigger: The Clock Ticks
(state = 1) and ((secondsLeft = 600) or (secondsLeft = 1200) or (secondsLeft = 1800) or (secondsLeft = 2400))

Display message for 599 seconds:

That would work if you use a countdown (state 1 = countdown)

Or you can create a hotkey event with conditions state = 0 if you don't use a countdown, it would be difficult to stipulate a condition for a pre-tourney message unless the clock is ticking, which would trigger the event fire as most events rely on a player event or clock event in order to fire.

OR ALTERNATIVELY

You can create your own properties for the status messages, for example I only have [[PAUSED]] I don't use the rest of the status messages, so you could setup your own version in the Preferences Tab => Status Messages and then alter each status message to display what you want instead. If you wanted something Pre-Tourney you could edit all the messages to display the same thing such as the Ready to Start, Buy-in Players to Start Messages etc.

Regards
Stuart
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 06:05:27 PM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 06:21:30 PM »
Thanks stu - that helped immensly  ;)
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 07:16:51 PM »
Now thats funny :-\

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 07:45:57 PM »
Now thats funny :-\

Sorry again Timmer - what helped is state = 1 with a countdown timer going.

Still trying to get it to fire automatically, however.  I have it as the following, but it still won't fire during the countdown....
Code: [Select]
(state = 1)
---

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2011, 08:46:34 PM »
(state = 1) && (secondsLeft = 15) or       etc    (  this is 1 of mine )      Sorry Magic thats from 2.5.10 it doesnt seem to work
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 08:55:46 PM by TIMMER »

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2011, 08:59:12 PM »
Bah - after combing over everything, I see why it wasn't firing, and I feel like a total noob now... lol (well as far as coding goes, I am I guess...) Due to the length of my message, I have it set to fire every 25 seconds, duration of 23 seconds (to prevent a repeat scroll starting before scroll ends and re-fires). What I had was this:
Code: [Select]
(state=1) and (secondsleft=1200) or (secondsleft=1175) ............ or (secondsleft = 0)
Now what I realized what I forgot was an extra parentheses to start and end the who 'or' portion of it - (state=1) and ((secondsleft=1200) or (secondsleft=1175) ........... or (secondsleft=0))
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:10:17 AM by Magic_fubu »
---