Author Topic: Template help  (Read 2466 times)

whirlers

• View Profile
Template help
« on: January 27, 2012, 08:15:34 PM »
Not sure if there is one on the forums but i can't seem to find it if there is but, is there a tut on layout's and aligning cell's on a layout.
I have just spent the last 3 hours trying to align all the correct cells within Hally's EPL layout.
I'm using padding & height, and creating new cells as padding but everytime i align one cell it pushes another out, i have no idea if i'm doing this correct. How does everyone else format their cells to align on a background pic ??

Any advice would be very appreciated as i'm getting nowhere fast here.
Cheers

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Template help
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 09:19:51 PM »
  Most of his, are already have set cells, So when you add a cell his height & width might need ajusted to. Click, Inside a cell, Un check Formatting, then adjust the Dimensions, ( height & width to what you need - or +. )       

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 11:48:17 AM »
I've changed the resolution of the background image to match my laptop, so all fields were out...plus some fields were not needed.
It takes some patience to get these columns & rows correct. I wish there was a lock option you could tick once you have a section lined up...lock it into place so any changes you make in other area's don't affect the one you just altered.

I still don't fully understand how you are suppose to get items exactly where you want them, sometimes adjusting height has no affect at all.....i'm trying to move a cell up but no matter what i do i can't get it to move.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
Are you on 3.1 version its click and drag, lower versions its click and add cell     edit... In all my layouts I've never used the ( Padding )
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 12:10:01 PM by TIMMER »

whirlers

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2012, 01:22:54 PM »
Yep i'm on 3.1.
I've never tried to drag & drop..... but i'm not sure that would help at the moment. The cells are roughly where they should be it's the formatting of each one, that then knocks the next one out of alignment that i'm struggling with. This is my first time and creating a custom layout so i may be doing it completely wrong.

TIMMER

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2012, 02:04:44 PM »
Ok, If you take a cell out of his and replace it with another as long as that cells fonts w/h ect, are the same no problem. when you add a cell, your fonts need to be the same as his, then you might need to minus some of his width & height to equal out  among all cells like 2 cell at 600 w/h a piece thats 1200 so 3 cells at 400x 3= 1200  if im reading this right