Author Topic: embedding stuff.....  (Read 2797 times)

Priest

• View Profile
embedding stuff.....
« on: January 12, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
I have looked at the threads on embedding movies, a website, a flash countdown, and anything else that had "embed" in the thread.  Like the guys who wanted to put winamp in a cell I am wanting to do a media player.  I have started using groovshark internet radio, and am really digging it.  we already use it playing in the background at my home game, now I am trying to figure out how to embed the wiget in TD.  I made a simple, one song playlist thing just to test the code..... so far my results have been 1) a black square in the cell where the player should be, 2) nothing where the player should be.

this code works perfectly as a stand alone htm..... here is the code I tried.... if you see my problem, let me know?

<object width="250" height="250">

<param name="movie" value="http://listen.grooveshark.com/widget.swf"></param>

<param name="wmode" value="window"></param>

<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param>

<param name="flashvars" value="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=345457&style=metal&bbg=000000&bfg=2b0054&bt=FFFFFF&bth=828282&pbg=000000&pbgh=2b0054&pfg=6b6b6b&pfgh=FFFFFF&si=FFFFFF&lbg=FFFFFF&lbgh=2b0054&lfg=787878&lfgh=FFFFFF&sb=FFFFFF&sbh=2b0054&ap=0"></param> <embed src="http://listen.grooveshark.com/widget.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="250" flashvars="hostname=cowbell.grooveshark.com&widgetID=345457&style=metal&bbg=000000&bfg=2b0054&bt=FFFFFF&bth=828282&pbg=000000&pbgh=2b0054&pfg=6b6b6b&pfgh=FFFFFF&si=FFFFFF&lbg=FFFFFF&lbgh=2b0054&lfg=787878&lfgh=FFFFFF&sb=FFFFFF&sbh=2b0054&ap=0" allowScriptAccess="always" wmode="window"></embed></object>

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: embedding stuff.....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 04:56:16 PM »
Not sure what to tell you because it works for me.  I cut-and-pasted your code exactly into the text of the clock cell and the flash widget came right up.

Interestingly, I tried this outside of the TD in a test web page, and then opened it with IE, Firefox, and Chrome.  All worked except IE.  No idea why IE wouldn't load the flash object.  No error or anything, just the typical red "X" of a broken image.

Priest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 04:59:02 PM »
hmmmm....  I dunno why then.  It loads in Firefox and chrome here, and i dont use IE so i didnt try.  but in TD I dont get anything.

What i did in TD:
Create new cell
past code in html area
insert cell into layout.

Priest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 01:21:50 PM »
I got it to work.  I  decreased the security settings in IE to allow Active X scripts, that let IE load the blank square TD was getting.... then i went to groovsharks website to play music in IE to test, and it needed another flash plugin, even though Firefox had it.  once I got the new plugin installed TD had no problem running it.

Now I can build a good play list and incorporate the player into the TD screen.  Thanks for the help Corey

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2009, 11:17:59 AM »
Glad you figured it out.  But that's horrible, frankly.  Programs such as the TD that run inside of IE are not supposed to be subject to the same security restrictions.  Obviously Microsoft has screwed that up.  This is the same kind of problem users are having with the Load/Save buttons not working.  One other thing that HTML applications are not subject to, but turns out they are.  Aaaarg.

Priest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 03:14:02 PM »
....... and that is why I posted up what fixed it.  Thanks again for the help, i'm sure I'll have another question as soon as I start on something else in this.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
Thank you.  I was just ranting.  It's just so frustrating to spend so much time trying to work around MS blunders instead of developing the software...