Author Topic: PLEASE HELP, second time this happened  (Read 2721 times)

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
PLEASE HELP, second time this happened
« on: March 25, 2011, 06:44:01 PM »
I have attached the tdt file. When I click on the tables tab, I receive the following error message and not all my tables do not show up.

'Name' is null or not an object (TablesTab, TournamentPage: 731)
 at TablesTab.getTableHTML(Number)
 at TablesTab.updateAllTables()
 at TablesTab._updateForm()
 at [unknown]()
 at openDialog(SettingsDialog)
 at SettingsDialog.openDialog()
 at Bootstrap.init_OpenSettingsDialog()
 at Bootstrap.initSequence()

Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer
Browser Client Info Version: 7.0
Browser Code Name: Mozilla
Browser Decided Version: 8.0
Browser Detected Version: 8.0
Browser Language: en-US
Browser Minor Version: 0
Browser Version: 4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
Cookies Enabled: true
CPU Class: x86
Data Folder: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2
Date: 7:40:24 pm 3/25/2011
DB File: \\bravoclock\c$\Users\Bravo\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db\td.db
DB Folder: \\bravoclock\c$\Users\Bravo\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data\db
Install Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Tournament Director 2
JScript Build: 16732
JScript Version: 5.8
Media Player Version: 12.0.7600.16667
Online: true
Platform: Win32
Preferences File: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\prefs.sav
Repo Config File: C:\Users\Jody\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\repo.sav
Repo Folder: \\bravoclock\c$\Users\Bravo\Documents\The Tournament Director 2\Data
System Language: en-CA
TD Version: 2.6.b4
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; HPNTDF; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0C)
User Language: en-CA
Virtual Store Folder: C:\Users\Jody\AppData\Roaming\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\The Tournament Director 2

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP, second time this happened
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:37:10 PM »
Thank you for posting the tournament - it may prove helpful.  In my latest dev version, there's no error when displaying the Tables tab.  The player at "Table 18" in seat 2 is "unknown".  On the Seating Chart screen, you should see it as <Unknown Player>.  As you can see, I've accounted for cases where there is a player the TD doesn't have any knowledge of, but for the life of my I cannot remember why, or imagine a scenario where this might be reasonable.  Attempting to drag this player from the seat causes another error, and I'll fix that.

The key will be how you got into this situation and correcting it at the source.  So the internal ID of the player in that seat is "aafdb590-5732-11e0-17fe-0d5a0ebdc4a1".  I would tell you to go to the Database tab and do a search for "aafdb590-5732-11e0-17fe-0d5a0ebdc4a1", but I don't see why you would find anything.  If the player was in the database, you shouldn't be having this problem.

Try this instead: Press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+V to open the "System Information" dialog.  Look for the "DB Folder" line, right-click it and select "Explore folder".  Sort the folder by name and look for the file "aafdb590-5732-11e0-17fe-0d5a0ebdc4a1".  If you find a file you can double-click it and open it with Notepad.  This will contain the player's detail information (address, phone, email, etc), but not their name.  Maybe that can help you determine who the player is.

Either way, have you any idea what transpired before this that might have landed you in this situation?  From what I can tell, you've got a seated player that isn't in the tournament or your database.  Any idea how it happened?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 10:51:39 PM »
This occurred right after the tournament started and while still registering. My registration clerk entered a player from the player's tab and then went to the Tables tab to manually place him on a table (to balance my existing tables). Only a few tables showed up on the screen and the error popped up. As I said this is the second time this happened and I had a copy of everybody's receipt on hand and used my laptop to create a new tournament and place everyone manually, save to a USB key, transfer to the main computer and continue the saved tournament.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 12:26:44 AM »
Actually I was wrong.  You may be able to determine who this player is by searching for the Internal ID on the Database tab.  I don't know if that will help determine exactly what happened or not.  The Tables tab doesn't bother looking in the player database for information, because it expects to only find players that are in the tournament.  I confirmed that this same error would occur in 2.5.11, were you to be able to get into this situation.  So the root cause is really all that matters.  This did not appear to be a bug in 2.5.11, so it would seem I've introduced a bug in 2.6 that allows a player not in the tournament to be seated ... somehow.

So, what is your procedure for registration?  Do you add players to the tournament, then buy them in?  Or do you add and buy-in at the same time?  Do you use players in your database or do you add new players each time?  Sounds like you don't use Auto seat.  Do you add/buy-in from the Players tab or the Game window?

jodybingo

• View Profile
    • Personal Web Site
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 12:35:36 AM »
Auto seat is checked (but players arent seated until they are bought in)
Players in the tournament are always in my DB. we add players when they register by phone and then buy  them in when they pay. When a player isnt in the database, I use the new player button on the players tab and either buy them in immediately or wait until they arrive. I've attached my pref.sav file so you can see my settings too.

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 10:55:46 AM »
I've tried everything I can think of ... adding players to the tournament, buying-in players, adding and buying-in at the same time, auto seating, removing players from the tournament who've been bought-in, removing players who've been bought-in and seated, adding players to the database, merging players, unmerging players, allowing players to be seated who haven't bought-in, etc, etc.  I can't reproduce this issue.  Are there any other details you may have that can help?  No detail is too small...