Author Topic: Final table seating  (Read 3090 times)

Charvey

• View Profile
Final table seating
« on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:17 AM »
The tournament I run we generally have 7 players per table during the main time. Once the game is at 10 players I make that the final table. My question is... Is there a way to make TD pause the clock, switch to my seating chart and randomly seat all 10 players at the final table when all the other tables were set at 7?

Thanks for any help
Chris

TIMMER

• View Profile
Re: Final table seating
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:35 AM »
Preferences tab, Behavior....    final table would be in Tables tab, settings

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 09:01:43 AM »
In short no, but there is a way of doing it that will require some manual input.

Once you are down to 14 players you can insert a further 3 seats at your last table, and check the box on Tables Tab > Settings > Automatically Randomize Seating at Final Table

You can also check the box at the bottom of the player movement dialogue "Display Player Movement Screen when Movement is accepted"

Now for the event, all we can do for the event (I believe) for what you are wanting is to have it fire when the 11th ranked player busts is to pause the clock, so create an event;
Events Tab > New Event > Predefined > Player Busts Out > Conditions: rank = 11, Actions: Pause the Clock.

So what that does is when you bust the player ranked 11th:

Pause the clock,
suggest player movement for your 10 handed final table (provided you have already set up 10 seats on your last table in use).
click ok move players
the player movement screen then displays, which if you don't use could be altered to suit the needs of the final table.

EDIT > Ive just notice there is a further option "Automatically accept player movement suggestions" in the Tables Tab > Settings, but the only problem is that's grand for your final table but depending on how you run your games probably not so handy when your balancing and collapsing during the game.

Hope this helps
Stu

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 09:04:28 AM by stuamurr »
Stuart Murray

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:40:22 AM »
EDIT > Ive just notice there is a further option "Automatically accept player movement suggestions" in the Tables Tab > Settings, but the only problem is that's grand for your final table but depending on how you run your games probably not so handy when your balancing and collapsing during the game.

Just a note: this was added in 2.6 beta 5, so if you're using 2.5.12 or earlier, you won't see this option.

Charvey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 07:41:18 AM »
Thanks for the information on this. I'll continue to do it the way I have been until the next version comes out.

Corey,

Can you give an ETA of when you hope to be able to release the new version? If not I understand that as well.

Thanks again everyone for the help

Chris

Corey Cooper

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2011, 10:41:30 AM »
As soon as I can finish it.  That's all I can tell you.  I see no reason at this time for another beta.  I'm limiting new functionality from now until the final release, and aside from a few anomalies, there have been very few errors reported.  So, there's still some work to be done but it is definitely nearing the end.  I believe I still have a few more weeks of work, at the least, given the amount of time per day I am able to devote to it.

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 01:27:41 PM »
Trying to get clock to pause when 8 players are left.

Tried the above with no success.

Any idea's ?

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »
mmmmmm, just realised that I have events for player busts out, I play a sound for each player out.
This is probabley over riding my pause the clock when rank 9 is busted out.

Is there any way of having them both ?

Magic_fubu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:06:24 PM »
Not from what I can see. I see that you can either play a sound, or pause the clock, but I don't see an option for both..... I would think (and hope) it could be easy to implement to be able to do both...
My cowboys shot down your rockets
---
If you send a request to me please send that you got me from here w/your TD name to confirm. Thanks!

Stuart Murray

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 06:39:42 PM »
put your event for when down to 9 players above the bust out event, so that it 'fires' instead of the other one. Now add a bust out tune to the 9 players event.  The only problem is you are going to have the same bust out tune each time, unless you change it manually.

Best Stu
Stuart Murray

macacan

• View Profile
    • Chorley Poker League
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 12:24:09 AM »
Got it near enough.

I have set the clock to pause for any reseating of players.

I will just have to remember to unpause the clock for table balancing.

So each time players move the clock pauses, so when the final table is reached TD wants to move players to the last table
the clock pauses.

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)